The woman who suffered head injuries in a crash in Wheatfield Way this week is “making good progress” in hospital, her sister has said.
Her sister, Margaret Ciano, who is married to Kingston historian John Pink, praised the efforts of police and paramedics.
She said: “I know that they got there very quickly and they took great care in assessing her. They were very good.”
Police officers came to her home and took her to hospital themselves, she said, and kept her updated on her sister’s condition.
She added: “They couldn’t have done more for me. I was so grateful.”
Miss Ciano, who has learning difficulties, suffered a concussion, a broken jaw, and fractures to her eye sockets after her head hit the windscreen of the car.
- Zane Gbangbola inquest: Amber alarm sounded on firefighters' gas readers for hydrogen cyanide as they inspected Weybridge pupil's home
- Motorcyclist rushed to hospital after hit-and-run crash that closed A3 near Esher for four hours
- Man arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after car careers off New Malden flyover and catches fire
- Fire 'completely destroys' first floor of guesthouse in Cobham
- Monday’s weather: A cloudy morning will give way to an afternoon of sunshine across south west London and north Surrey