The woman who suffered head injuries in a crash in Wheatfield Way this week is “making good progress” in hospital, her sister has said.
Her sister, Margaret Ciano, who is married to Kingston historian John Pink, praised the efforts of police and paramedics.
She said: “I know that they got there very quickly and they took great care in assessing her. They were very good.”
Police officers came to her home and took her to hospital themselves, she said, and kept her updated on her sister’s condition.
She added: “They couldn’t have done more for me. I was so grateful.”
Miss Ciano, who has learning difficulties, suffered a concussion, a broken jaw, and fractures to her eye sockets after her head hit the windscreen of the car.
- GCSE results day in Kingston, Richmond and Elmbridge - News, pictures and reactions from the schools
- Police officer taken to hospital after 'chaotic' drunken street brawl breaks out in Kingston town centre
- IN PICTURES: Kingston and Elmbridge pupils collect their GCSE grades on results day
- London’s burning: Free events to mark 350 years since the Great Fire of London
- RESULTS DAY: Don't want to do A-levels? There are plenty of other options for life after GCSEs