The woman who suffered head injuries in a crash in Wheatfield Way this week is “making good progress” in hospital, her sister has said.
Her sister, Margaret Ciano, who is married to Kingston historian John Pink, praised the efforts of police and paramedics.
She said: “I know that they got there very quickly and they took great care in assessing her. They were very good.”
Police officers came to her home and took her to hospital themselves, she said, and kept her updated on her sister’s condition.
She added: “They couldn’t have done more for me. I was so grateful.”
Miss Ciano, who has learning difficulties, suffered a concussion, a broken jaw, and fractures to her eye sockets after her head hit the windscreen of the car.
- Kids as 'young as four' partied at Kingston nightclub before drunken 2am brawl, court hears
- Bubbles flow as the Museum of Futures' community kitchen is unveiled
- Woman left shaken by 'despicable' attempted sexual assault in alleyway
- Firefighters hand out sandbags to homes at risk of flooding after heavy rainfall
- North Korean woman denies murdering her partner in New Malden High Street