Five people have been arrested after a brawl in Kingston town centre that stopped traffic as men 'attacked each other with sticks'.
The fight took place between Barcadia and Headmasters further along Clarence Street yesterday afternoon as shoppers watched.
One witness said an older lady tried to intervene and stop a fight between two men wielding sticks outside Little Italy restaurant at the end of Old London Road.
Five people were arrested on suspicion of affray, Kingston police has said.
They said officers were called at 5.30pm yesterday to reports of a group of people fighting in Clarence Street.
Nearby five people were arrested. Two needed medical treatment but were later released from hospital.
All of them were in custody this morning.
- Kingston and Esher scouts hold overnight vigil in memory of the Battle of the Somme
- Twickenham and Effingham Junction area train lines closed on Sunday for engineering works
- Richmond and Kingston residents to foot bill for £52,000 send-off for children's services chief executive
- Child social care services in Kingston among the 'best in the country'
- Bring a teddy for a check-up at Kingston Hospital's open day