Five people have been arrested after a brawl in Kingston town centre that stopped traffic as men 'attacked each other with sticks'.
The fight took place between Barcadia and Headmasters further along Clarence Street yesterday afternoon as shoppers watched.
One witness said an older lady tried to intervene and stop a fight between two men wielding sticks outside Little Italy restaurant at the end of Old London Road.
Five people were arrested on suspicion of affray, Kingston police has said.
They said officers were called at 5.30pm yesterday to reports of a group of people fighting in Clarence Street.
Nearby five people were arrested. Two needed medical treatment but were later released from hospital.
All of them were in custody this morning.
- Computer says yes: Little Britain's David Walliams agrees to visit Surbiton school
- BGT ventriloquist Sam Jones comes to Kingston Working Mens' Club
- Northern Soul: Actor's surprise at box office success of film shown at only 83 screens
- Police warn residents after tens of thousands of pounds-worth of jewellery stolen
- Objections to Walton Charity plans could stand, despite new submission