Five people have been arrested after a brawl in Kingston town centre that stopped traffic as men 'attacked each other with sticks'.
The fight took place between Barcadia and Headmasters further along Clarence Street yesterday afternoon as shoppers watched.
One witness said an older lady tried to intervene and stop a fight between two men wielding sticks outside Little Italy restaurant at the end of Old London Road.
Five people were arrested on suspicion of affray, Kingston police has said.
They said officers were called at 5.30pm yesterday to reports of a group of people fighting in Clarence Street.
Nearby five people were arrested. Two needed medical treatment but were later released from hospital.
All of them were in custody this morning.
- Beloved pubs, charities and independent stores named in shortlist for Kingston Business Awards
- Travellers ordered to leave Hare Lane Green in Esher while another group in Walton is monitored by police
- Man arrested after 'racist attack' at Kingston station
- 7 unusual family days out in south London and Kent this summer
- QUIZ: Do you know London as well as a Blue Badge tour guide?