Five people have been arrested after a brawl in Kingston town centre that stopped traffic as men 'attacked each other with sticks'.
The fight took place between Barcadia and Headmasters further along Clarence Street yesterday afternoon as shoppers watched.
One witness said an older lady tried to intervene and stop a fight between two men wielding sticks outside Little Italy restaurant at the end of Old London Road.
Five people were arrested on suspicion of affray, Kingston police has said.
They said officers were called at 5.30pm yesterday to reports of a group of people fighting in Clarence Street.
Nearby five people were arrested. Two needed medical treatment but were later released from hospital.
All of them were in custody this morning.
- Shamed former Kingston Council leader Derek Osbourne out of prison
- A&E staffing gap 'does not bode well' for Kingston Hospital this winter, GPs told
- Kingston Hill homes could get woodland tax refund over 99-year-old map revelation
- Great nephew moved by Walton's tribute to Battle of Britain crash pilot
- Teen singer impresses to reach national semi-final