Five people have been arrested after a brawl in Kingston town centre that stopped traffic as men 'attacked each other with sticks'.
The fight took place between Barcadia and Headmasters further along Clarence Street yesterday afternoon as shoppers watched.
One witness said an older lady tried to intervene and stop a fight between two men wielding sticks outside Little Italy restaurant at the end of Old London Road.
Five people were arrested on suspicion of affray, Kingston police has said.
They said officers were called at 5.30pm yesterday to reports of a group of people fighting in Clarence Street.
Nearby five people were arrested. Two needed medical treatment but were later released from hospital.
All of them were in custody this morning.
- Kingstonian board lashes out at critics for 'personal animosity' and calls for 'trust and confidence' in search for new ground
- It's magic: Quidditch Premier League try-outs come to south London
- Police to increase street patrols as burglary figures rise across Kingston
- Southern rail to 'restore full train service' from Tuesday as it slams 'futile' action by RMT
- Drug dealer jailed after police discover £5,000-worth of cocaine in car in New Malden