Ambulances can still get to Kingston Hospital after a sewer pipe collapsed this afternoon.
Thames Water are carrying out emergency repair works in Wolverton Road at the junction with Kingston Hill.
The works are expected to continue until April 26. Wolverton Road is currently closed and there are lane restrictions in Kingston Hill.
A spokeswoman from Kingston Hospital said: “All the entrances in and out of the hospital are not affected.
“There is still access from Galsworthy Road. Nothing has been disturbed. It is business as usual.”
Are you affected by the emergency works? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- PICTURES: Surbiton's weirdest festival conjures up the 'Spirit of Seething'
- Kingston Council slams brakes on new 'money-making' traffic cameras
- Thieves steal a Henley cup, two signed football shirts and a silver oar
- Vodafone and O2 dig hole for new phone mast before getting permission
- Vintage Kingston: Red-hot debate on Tolworth Broadway speed limits