Ambulances can still get to Kingston Hospital after a sewer pipe collapsed this afternoon.
Thames Water are carrying out emergency repair works in Wolverton Road at the junction with Kingston Hill.
The works are expected to continue until April 26. Wolverton Road is currently closed and there are lane restrictions in Kingston Hill.
A spokeswoman from Kingston Hospital said: “All the entrances in and out of the hospital are not affected.
“There is still access from Galsworthy Road. Nothing has been disturbed. It is business as usual.”
Are you affected by the emergency works? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Major Kingston road to close overnight for last-minute Ride London preperations
- Coulsdon man named as victim of fatal shooting at pool party in Surrey
- Man charged with being drunk and disorderly at Kingston station
- WATCH: Student from Teddington cracks 12 eggs in a row that all have double yolks, beating one in a SEXTILLION odds
- WATCH: Can you spot the crime? Video shows devious bank machine scam sweeping UK