Ambulances can still get to Kingston Hospital after a sewer pipe collapsed this afternoon.
Thames Water are carrying out emergency repair works in Wolverton Road at the junction with Kingston Hill.
The works are expected to continue until April 26. Wolverton Road is currently closed and there are lane restrictions in Kingston Hill.
A spokeswoman from Kingston Hospital said: “All the entrances in and out of the hospital are not affected.
“There is still access from Galsworthy Road. Nothing has been disturbed. It is business as usual.”
Are you affected by the emergency works? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Body believed to be missing university student Victor Ivanelo found under railway arch near Surbiton station
- Arrests after 'horrendous' linked hit-and-run road rage attacks on M25 and A3 left woman with broken ribs
- Missing Richard Challoner pupil found
- 'Please don't do this': Petition calls on St Peter's Hospital to scrap plans to charge for disabled parking
- Surrey County Council to leave organisation 'fighting for local authorities at national level'