Ambulances can still get to Kingston Hospital after a sewer pipe collapsed this afternoon.
Thames Water are carrying out emergency repair works in Wolverton Road at the junction with Kingston Hill.
The works are expected to continue until April 26. Wolverton Road is currently closed and there are lane restrictions in Kingston Hill.
A spokeswoman from Kingston Hospital said: “All the entrances in and out of the hospital are not affected.
“There is still access from Galsworthy Road. Nothing has been disturbed. It is business as usual.”
Are you affected by the emergency works? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4288 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Topping the bills: Husband and wife from Surbiton win London photography competition
- Memorial bench in memory of former Kingston Conservatives leader unveiled
- Candidate who defied depression to stand for Parliament urges others to take heart
- No electoral investigation for independent candidate's 228 votes
- Remarkable turnaround of Bell Farm Primary School applauded by MP Dominic Raab