Kingston has defeated Legoland and Peppa Pig World to be named best family day out in a competition run by a baby magazine.
The town won a gold award in the national Prima Baby Awards after town centre managers Kingstonfirst persuaded judges it was ahead of its rivals.
Its shops, night markets, the Kingston Regatta, food festival, Rotunda, Rose Theatre and Kingston Museum won the day.
The award was one of 91 bay themed on offer, including best wet wipe, best pre-school book, best spa break and best rearward facing car seat. Entry was £125 not including VAT.
Runner up Peppa Pig World in the New Forest, Hampshire, has a muddy puddle splash area, spaceship indoor playzone, paddling ducks and Miss Rabbit’s helicopter among its kid friendly attractions.
Legoland Windsor has Pirate Falls Treasure Quest, Atlantis Submarine Voyage, XBOX 360 Gaming Zone and Lego Star Wars mini model display to woo children.
Kingstonfirst chief executive Ros Morgan said: “The Prima Baby Awards recognise and reward the best products and services for families and we fought off tough competition, particularly from the runners up Legoland Windsor and Peppa Pig World."
Would your family prefer to go to Kingston, Peppa Pig World, Legoland Windsor or somewhere else? Email email@example.com or leave a comment below.
- Where's the money? Drug kingpins earn extra 16 years behind bars after failing to stump up criminal cash
- Oxshott crash leaves debris on the road
- Finding Nemo: Police called to stolen CARP find it hiding behind pond weed #mpskingstonlive
- Who’s been stealing this week? 16 people convicted by the courts this week for thefts
- Chessington primary celebrates becoming academy with balloon launch