A teenager accused of stabbing a schoolboy who ended up slumped against KFC in New Malden last summer has appeared in court.
Basel Giuma Elmaarfi, 17, of Robin Hood Way, Kingston Vale, appeared at Kingston Crown Court this morning charged with wounding with intent and threatening a person with an offensive weapon.
Mr Elmaarfi will next appear at Kingston Crown Court to enter a plea on June 4.
Police were called to New Malden High Street on Wednesday, July 3 just before 9pm last year, after a 16-year-old boy, a former Southborough pupil, was found slumped outside KFC with stab wounds.
It is believed he stumbled there after receiving injuries in nearby Blagdon Park.
He was taken to hospital in a serious condition with non-life threatening injuries and later released.
- Elderly woman cut from car by firefighters after Kingston town centre crash
- Out of control bonfire destroys fences and decking at three homes in Cobham
- Cobham Free School chooses 24 pupils from 158 applications
- Money over music? Five year plan will see Kingston nightclubs replaced with shops and housing
- Don't forget the locals: Election candidates for Elmbridge