A teenager accused of stabbing a schoolboy who ended up slumped against KFC in New Malden last summer has appeared in court.
Basel Giuma Elmaarfi, 17, of Robin Hood Way, Kingston Vale, appeared at Kingston Crown Court this morning charged with wounding with intent and threatening a person with an offensive weapon.
Mr Elmaarfi will next appear at Kingston Crown Court to enter a plea on June 4.
Police were called to New Malden High Street on Wednesday, July 3 just before 9pm last year, after a 16-year-old boy, a former Southborough pupil, was found slumped outside KFC with stab wounds.
It is believed he stumbled there after receiving injuries in nearby Blagdon Park.
He was taken to hospital in a serious condition with non-life threatening injuries and later released.
- Tougher rules on using mobile phones while driving come into force this week
- WEATHER: Thunderstorms and heavy rain to hit London as spring approaches
- Isis poses 'greatest terror threat since IRA London bombing campaign 40 years ago'
- Cannabis farm discovered in Kingston home prompts funny online appeal
- TRAVEL: Signalling problem causing major delays to trains between Kingston and London Waterloo