A teenager accused of stabbing a schoolboy who ended up slumped against KFC in New Malden last summer has appeared in court.
Basel Giuma Elmaarfi, 17, of Robin Hood Way, Kingston Vale, appeared at Kingston Crown Court this morning charged with wounding with intent and threatening a person with an offensive weapon.
Mr Elmaarfi will next appear at Kingston Crown Court to enter a plea on June 4.
Police were called to New Malden High Street on Wednesday, July 3 just before 9pm last year, after a 16-year-old boy, a former Southborough pupil, was found slumped outside KFC with stab wounds.
It is believed he stumbled there after receiving injuries in nearby Blagdon Park.
He was taken to hospital in a serious condition with non-life threatening injuries and later released.
- Topping the bills: Husband and wife from Surbiton win London photography competition
- Memorial bench in memory of former Kingston Conservatives leader unveiled
- Candidate who defied depression to stand for Parliament urges others to take heart
- No electoral investigation for independent candidate's 228 votes
- Remarkable turnaround of Bell Farm Primary School applauded by MP Dominic Raab