A teenager accused of stabbing a schoolboy who ended up slumped against KFC in New Malden last summer has appeared in court.
Basel Giuma Elmaarfi, 17, of Robin Hood Way, Kingston Vale, appeared at Kingston Crown Court this morning charged with wounding with intent and threatening a person with an offensive weapon.
Mr Elmaarfi will next appear at Kingston Crown Court to enter a plea on June 4.
Police were called to New Malden High Street on Wednesday, July 3 just before 9pm last year, after a 16-year-old boy, a former Southborough pupil, was found slumped outside KFC with stab wounds.
It is believed he stumbled there after receiving injuries in nearby Blagdon Park.
He was taken to hospital in a serious condition with non-life threatening injuries and later released.
- Most read stories across Kingston of 2014
- Police deliver 200 presents to cared-for children in Christmas appeal
- Safety fears over roof garden proposal for 300-bed student flats scheme
- Police close case on Kingston town centre 'attack'
- Pop-up pantomime delights children at St Peter's Hospital