A teenager accused of stabbing a schoolboy who ended up slumped against KFC in New Malden last summer has appeared in court.
Basel Giuma Elmaarfi, 17, of Robin Hood Way, Kingston Vale, appeared at Kingston Crown Court this morning charged with wounding with intent and threatening a person with an offensive weapon.
Mr Elmaarfi will next appear at Kingston Crown Court to enter a plea on June 4.
Police were called to New Malden High Street on Wednesday, July 3 just before 9pm last year, after a 16-year-old boy, a former Southborough pupil, was found slumped outside KFC with stab wounds.
It is believed he stumbled there after receiving injuries in nearby Blagdon Park.
He was taken to hospital in a serious condition with non-life threatening injuries and later released.
- Commuter hell: See if you're travelling to work on one of the most overcrowded trains in the country
- Devastated fan of Bubbleworks ride at Chessington World of Adventures changes name by deed poll to Professor Burp in its memory
- Immigration arrests at Byron burger restaurants across London
- ‘It’s OAP’s 11’ – The Hatton Garden Job's director and producer tell us what to expect from the film
- This is how to beat the deadly effect of sitting at a desk all day - and, no, it's not the gym