A teenager accused of stabbing a schoolboy who ended up slumped against KFC in New Malden last summer has appeared in court.
Basel Giuma Elmaarfi, 17, of Robin Hood Way, Kingston Vale, appeared at Kingston Crown Court this morning charged with wounding with intent and threatening a person with an offensive weapon.
Mr Elmaarfi will next appear at Kingston Crown Court to enter a plea on June 4.
Police were called to New Malden High Street on Wednesday, July 3 just before 9pm last year, after a 16-year-old boy, a former Southborough pupil, was found slumped outside KFC with stab wounds.
It is believed he stumbled there after receiving injuries in nearby Blagdon Park.
He was taken to hospital in a serious condition with non-life threatening injuries and later released.
- 'A tragic accident': Husband's fish smoker started house fire that killed 90-year-old Chessington pensioner
- Have you seen missing Arnold Austin from Surbiton?
- Computer says yes: Little Britain's David Walliams agrees to visit Surbiton school
- Police warn residents after tens of thousands of pounds-worth of jewellery stolen
- BGT ventriloquist Sam Jones comes to Kingston Working Mens' Club