A teenager accused of stabbing a schoolboy who ended up slumped against KFC in New Malden last summer has appeared in court.
Basel Giuma Elmaarfi, 17, of Robin Hood Way, Kingston Vale, appeared at Kingston Crown Court this morning charged with wounding with intent and threatening a person with an offensive weapon.
Mr Elmaarfi will next appear at Kingston Crown Court to enter a plea on June 4.
Police were called to New Malden High Street on Wednesday, July 3 just before 9pm last year, after a 16-year-old boy, a former Southborough pupil, was found slumped outside KFC with stab wounds.
It is believed he stumbled there after receiving injuries in nearby Blagdon Park.
He was taken to hospital in a serious condition with non-life threatening injuries and later released.
- Traffic: Eight miles of queues after lorry and car crash on M25
- Zac Goldsmith is among names on ballot to be next Richmond Park Conservative candidate
- 'Second chance': A suicidal woman has thanked police for saving her life
- Anyone hoping for snow this week or a dry bank holiday is going to be disappointed
- ‘Don’t let bins become stepping stones’: Surrey Police’s advice after neighbours were burgled on same day