A teenager accused of stabbing a schoolboy who ended up slumped against KFC in New Malden last summer has appeared in court.
Basel Giuma Elmaarfi, 17, of Robin Hood Way, Kingston Vale, appeared at Kingston Crown Court this morning charged with wounding with intent and threatening a person with an offensive weapon.
Mr Elmaarfi will next appear at Kingston Crown Court to enter a plea on June 4.
Police were called to New Malden High Street on Wednesday, July 3 just before 9pm last year, after a 16-year-old boy, a former Southborough pupil, was found slumped outside KFC with stab wounds.
It is believed he stumbled there after receiving injuries in nearby Blagdon Park.
He was taken to hospital in a serious condition with non-life threatening injuries and later released.
- Swans covered in oil and diesel after bus fire fuel leak spills into the Hogsmill river
- WATCH: Double-decker bus engulfed in flames after catching fire in Kingston's Market Place
- Huge shock as Sarah Olney defeats Zac Goldsmith in Richmond Park and North Kingston by-election
- Husband who killed Sonita Nijhawan in "brutal and sustained attack" in Weybridge jailed for life
- Surrey teen with severe physical disability gets early Christmas wish to meet pop star