Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8722 6318
Kingston teenager appears in court over Blagdon Park stabbing
A teenager accused of stabbing a schoolboy who ended up slumped against KFC in New Malden last summer has appeared in court.
Basel Giuma Elmaarfi, 17, of Robin Hood Way, Kingston Vale, appeared at Kingston Crown Court this morning charged with wounding with intent and threatening a person with an offensive weapon.
Mr Elmaarfi will next appear at Kingston Crown Court to enter a plea on June 4.
Police were called to New Malden High Street on Wednesday, July 3 just before 9pm last year, after a 16-year-old boy, a former Southborough pupil, was found slumped outside KFC with stab wounds.
It is believed he stumbled there after receiving injuries in nearby Blagdon Park.
He was taken to hospital in a serious condition with non-life threatening injuries and later released.
- Woman who died in Chessington house fire named
- Drunk carried fake gun and knife to 'scare people who hate me'
- Have you seen this man?: Worcester Park robber on the run after escaping from police during hospital visit
- Less than £9,000 of £400,000 Surbiton Hospital fund spent on patients
- Promoted Article: Join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning with Macmillan