A teenager accused of stabbing a schoolboy who ended up slumped against KFC in New Malden last summer has appeared in court.
Basel Giuma Elmaarfi, 17, of Robin Hood Way, Kingston Vale, appeared at Kingston Crown Court this morning charged with wounding with intent and threatening a person with an offensive weapon.
Mr Elmaarfi will next appear at Kingston Crown Court to enter a plea on June 4.
Police were called to New Malden High Street on Wednesday, July 3 just before 9pm last year, after a 16-year-old boy, a former Southborough pupil, was found slumped outside KFC with stab wounds.
It is believed he stumbled there after receiving injuries in nearby Blagdon Park.
He was taken to hospital in a serious condition with non-life threatening injuries and later released.
- Fewer mentally ill people being locked up in London police cells, figures show
- Lib Dems to turn by-election caused by Zac Goldsmith's Heathrow protest into Brexit vote
- Christmas joy: Tube and rail workers could walk out at same time in combined strike
- UPDATE: Zac Goldsmith quits as MP - but will stand again in protest over Heathrow expansion
- 'Catastrophic': Reaction as Heathrow Airport expansion gets go-ahead with government choosing third runway