A teenager accused of stabbing a schoolboy who ended up slumped against KFC in New Malden last summer has appeared in court.
Basel Giuma Elmaarfi, 17, of Robin Hood Way, Kingston Vale, appeared at Kingston Crown Court this morning charged with wounding with intent and threatening a person with an offensive weapon.
Mr Elmaarfi will next appear at Kingston Crown Court to enter a plea on June 4.
Police were called to New Malden High Street on Wednesday, July 3 just before 9pm last year, after a 16-year-old boy, a former Southborough pupil, was found slumped outside KFC with stab wounds.
It is believed he stumbled there after receiving injuries in nearby Blagdon Park.
He was taken to hospital in a serious condition with non-life threatening injuries and later released.
- Brexit vote and Boris Johnson bid to succeed Cameron could mean Heathrow expansion is denied, say campaigners
- Police on 'high alert' for post-Brexit racism and hate crime
- Enjoy the bright morning before sun gives way to cloud and rain this afternoon
- Zane Gbangbola inquest: Amber alarm sounded on firefighters' gas readers for hydrogen cyanide as they inspected Weybridge pupil's home
- Motorcyclist rushed to hospital after hit-and-run crash that closed A3 near Esher for four hours