A teenager accused of stabbing a schoolboy who ended up slumped against KFC in New Malden last summer has appeared in court.
Basel Giuma Elmaarfi, 17, of Robin Hood Way, Kingston Vale, appeared at Kingston Crown Court this morning charged with wounding with intent and threatening a person with an offensive weapon.
Mr Elmaarfi will next appear at Kingston Crown Court to enter a plea on June 4.
Police were called to New Malden High Street on Wednesday, July 3 just before 9pm last year, after a 16-year-old boy, a former Southborough pupil, was found slumped outside KFC with stab wounds.
It is believed he stumbled there after receiving injuries in nearby Blagdon Park.
He was taken to hospital in a serious condition with non-life threatening injuries and later released.
- Kingston police officer who downloaded 65,000 indecent images of children spared jail
- Surrey headteachers say funding cuts could lead to four-day school week
- Days-old baby rabbits brought to animal charity as it gears up for 'deluge' of orphaned wildlife
- 'It's important to stand together': Ahmadiyya Muslims show support for victims of Westminster terror attack
- Drug that reverses ageing may be available to buy in three years