A teenager accused of stabbing a schoolboy who ended up slumped against KFC in New Malden last summer has appeared in court.
Basel Giuma Elmaarfi, 17, of Robin Hood Way, Kingston Vale, appeared at Kingston Crown Court this morning charged with wounding with intent and threatening a person with an offensive weapon.
Mr Elmaarfi will next appear at Kingston Crown Court to enter a plea on June 4.
Police were called to New Malden High Street on Wednesday, July 3 just before 9pm last year, after a 16-year-old boy, a former Southborough pupil, was found slumped outside KFC with stab wounds.
It is believed he stumbled there after receiving injuries in nearby Blagdon Park.
He was taken to hospital in a serious condition with non-life threatening injuries and later released.
- Mum About Town with Angellica Bell: 'There is no point worrying about when your time is up'
- Roots Manoeuvres with Georgina Chahed: What we learned from the Chelsea Flower Show
- Vintage Kingston: Man abandoned as baby meets woman who found him
- ACS Cobham pupils get their hands on drones and 3D printers
- Police hunt for health-conscious commuter's stolen mountain bike