A teenager accused of stabbing a schoolboy who ended up slumped against KFC in New Malden last summer has appeared in court.
Basel Giuma Elmaarfi, 17, of Robin Hood Way, Kingston Vale, appeared at Kingston Crown Court this morning charged with wounding with intent and threatening a person with an offensive weapon.
Mr Elmaarfi will next appear at Kingston Crown Court to enter a plea on June 4.
Police were called to New Malden High Street on Wednesday, July 3 just before 9pm last year, after a 16-year-old boy, a former Southborough pupil, was found slumped outside KFC with stab wounds.
It is believed he stumbled there after receiving injuries in nearby Blagdon Park.
He was taken to hospital in a serious condition with non-life threatening injuries and later released.
- Revenge murderer Viktoras Bruzas sentenced to minimum of 33 years behind bars
- Student killed outside Kingston Uni was 'on her way to hand in final coursework'
- Surrey Police officer who leaked Milly Dowler information sent to jail
- Driver appears in court over death of jogger hit by van
- Teenager appears in court charged with stabbing outside New Malden McDonald's