Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8722 6318
Kingston teenager appears in court over Blagdon Park stabbing
A teenager accused of stabbing a schoolboy who ended up slumped against KFC in New Malden last summer has appeared in court.
Basel Giuma Elmaarfi, 17, of Robin Hood Way, Kingston Vale, appeared at Kingston Crown Court this morning charged with wounding with intent and threatening a person with an offensive weapon.
Mr Elmaarfi will next appear at Kingston Crown Court to enter a plea on June 4.
Police were called to New Malden High Street on Wednesday, July 3 just before 9pm last year, after a 16-year-old boy, a former Southborough pupil, was found slumped outside KFC with stab wounds.
It is believed he stumbled there after receiving injuries in nearby Blagdon Park.
He was taken to hospital in a serious condition with non-life threatening injuries and later released.
- Nursery closed over Ofsted 'safeguarding' investigation
- Tolworth newsagent which sold two bottles of vodka to a 14-year-old loses its licence
- Parents of cyclist killed in Raynes Park crash pay tribute to 'lovely, kind' son
- Charity asks parents to take survey on child mental health services
- Cyclist who died in Raynes Park collision named as New Malden man