A teenager accused of stabbing a schoolboy who ended up slumped against KFC in New Malden last summer has appeared in court.
Basel Giuma Elmaarfi, 17, of Robin Hood Way, Kingston Vale, appeared at Kingston Crown Court this morning charged with wounding with intent and threatening a person with an offensive weapon.
Mr Elmaarfi will next appear at Kingston Crown Court to enter a plea on June 4.
Police were called to New Malden High Street on Wednesday, July 3 just before 9pm last year, after a 16-year-old boy, a former Southborough pupil, was found slumped outside KFC with stab wounds.
It is believed he stumbled there after receiving injuries in nearby Blagdon Park.
He was taken to hospital in a serious condition with non-life threatening injuries and later released.
- Rowing club remembers 'a bit of an icon' Eve Gould on its 90th anniversary
- Vintage Kingston: Batty about bats affected by town's bright lights
- Mum About Town with Angellica Bell: Manic workload was totally worth it
- Nature notes: Brilliant butterflies
- Yadapa disability art group vows to go on after £40k funding cut