A teenager accused of stabbing a schoolboy who ended up slumped against KFC in New Malden last summer has appeared in court.
Basel Giuma Elmaarfi, 17, of Robin Hood Way, Kingston Vale, appeared at Kingston Crown Court this morning charged with wounding with intent and threatening a person with an offensive weapon.
Mr Elmaarfi will next appear at Kingston Crown Court to enter a plea on June 4.
Police were called to New Malden High Street on Wednesday, July 3 just before 9pm last year, after a 16-year-old boy, a former Southborough pupil, was found slumped outside KFC with stab wounds.
It is believed he stumbled there after receiving injuries in nearby Blagdon Park.
He was taken to hospital in a serious condition with non-life threatening injuries and later released.
- Still plenty of time to visit Arts in the Park at Fairfields
- Twin Atlantic head to Kingston for 'ultra-special' mystery gig
- Walton Heritage Day returns, with lots of fun on offer
- Hampton Court Food Festival attracts thousands of foodies
- Save Kingston Carnival campaign gathers momentum as supporters announce former Specials frontman will play alternative gig