Uncomprehending bystanders watched talcum miners, a giant, and families in full face paint march through Surbiton yesterday for the 2014 Seething Festival.
Here are 16 brilliant things from a fine day out.
1. A giant bat.
Because conservation can be fun. The bat was brought along by the London Bat Group, and is pictured with Tuuli Bailey and Amelia Windsor.
2. These gorgeous German Shepherds.
Jodie and Prince are German Shepherds with a recessive gene which makes them look like "miniature polar bears", owner Louise Miller, 35, said, pictured with Terry Feist, 47.
3. Morris dancers.
What could be more British than Morris dancers performing on an overcast day? But the dancers from Kingston Morris brightened up St Andrew's Square.
4. Stoic yet bemused police officers.
Kingston police did a fine job of herding the selfie-taking giant guinea pigs, along with everyone else, through the streets.
5. Lamblord Adam Lewis' drive-by videography skills.
An excellent effort.
6. The live music.
Rosie Hopkins, above, one half of Super Spokes, got things going.
7. And some more music.
A foot-tapping set of acoustic blues from C R Thorn.
8. A (moderately) terrifying giant.
By now we all know the legend of Lefi Ganderson's victory over reprehensible colossus Thamas Deeton, pictured here towering over Samuel Shrimpton, 2, and dad Robert.
9. This splendid chap.
Simon Tyrrell, from the Friends of Seething Wells. And his excellent top hat.
10. Speaking of hats.
A head-turning headpiece worn by Janet Lake.
11. Did we mention hats?
12. Oh go on, just one more.
Morris dancer Ben Izard.
13. This confused barber.
Workers at the Darin barber shop in Brighton Road.
14. And these slightly perturbed onlookers.
15. And this pubgoer videoing through the window.
16. This young Seething recruit.
Alfie Rowden, clearly a discerning community festival-goer.
Did you go to the Seething Festival this year? Leave a comment below or write to email@example.com.
- Zac Goldsmith is among names on ballot to be next Richmond Park Conservative candidate
- 'Second chance': A suicidal woman has thanked police for saving her life
- Anyone hoping for snow this week or a dry bank holiday is going to be disappointed
- ‘Don’t let bins become stepping stones’: Surrey Police’s advice after neighbours were burgled on same day
- Conservative councillor defects to Liberal Democrats because of 'government's hard Brexit'