Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8722 6318
Betting shop worker attacked and robbed in Portman Road, Kingston
A betting shop worker was attacked on his way to the Post Office and robbed of his store’s takings.
The Ladbrokes worker, a 57-year-old man, was punched and knocked to the ground in the attack near Portman Road last September after leaving the Cambridge Street shop, police said.
The suspect is described as tall, with brown hair and of strong build, and was wearing a blue jumper with white draw strings and blue jeans.
Police want to speak to a man, pictured here, spotted on CCTV outside the Post Office in Hawks Road at about midday on Monday, September 23 last year.
Detective Constable Iain Law, from the Metropolitan Police Flying Squad, said: “This was a violent attack, in broad daylight.
“I ask the public if they recognise this person or have any information on him to come forward.
“I would also appeal to any witnesses or anyone with any information about the robbery to also contact us.”
Anyone with information should call the Flying Squad on 020 8785 8655 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Thieves targeting unlocked cars in spate of similar crimes
- Boy band Union J visit Banquet Records
- Doctor who sent racist messages to face fitness-to-practice tribunal over new minor allegation
- Two cars involved in crash in East Molesey
- Half of rubbish Kingston households send to landfill could be recycled instead
Comments are closed on this article.