Fire crews attended a small bin fire inside a classroom this morning.
Ian Meyer, crew manager for red watch at Surbiton fire station, said: “Rubbish was alight in the school through linseed oil. If you put linseed oil on rags or anything like that it could set it off.”
No damage was caused.
- Winners of our Young Reporter scheme for 2015 celebrated at awards
- Jobs under threat as Kingston and Sutton get set to share raft of services to cut costs
- Homeowners in SW19 and nearby can net thousands of pounds from Wimbledon tennis tournament
- Work on controversial incinerator set to start next month
- South London teenager Tom Holland unveiled as new Spider-Man