Fire crews attended a small bin fire inside a classroom this morning.
Ian Meyer, crew manager for red watch at Surbiton fire station, said: “Rubbish was alight in the school through linseed oil. If you put linseed oil on rags or anything like that it could set it off.”
No damage was caused.
- 'A sticky plaster over a gaping wound': Council tax in Kingston to rise by 4.99 per cent in midst of social care crisis
- Toxic air warnings issued across south London as pollution levels hit 'red alert' once again
- Rush hour tailbacks after water main bursts outside Bentall Centre in Kingston town centre
- Parents join Kingston and Richmond headteachers in campaign against Government 'stealth cuts' at schools
- The MOT system could be set for a shake-up - see if you'll be affected