Fire crews attended a small bin fire inside a classroom this morning.
Ian Meyer, crew manager for red watch at Surbiton fire station, said: “Rubbish was alight in the school through linseed oil. If you put linseed oil on rags or anything like that it could set it off.”
No damage was caused.
- Councils serve legal papers to Government over 'unlawful support' of Heathrow expansion
- 'Diabolical' traffic-calming scheme in Surbiton has made £500k in fines in just one week
- How to beat norovirus: What to do if you get dreaded vomiting bug
- Patients at risk of 'serious injury' at two major south west London hospitals as urgent repair costs soar past £65m
- REVEALED: Most and least recycling-friendly London boroughs