Fire crews attended a small bin fire inside a classroom this morning.
Ian Meyer, crew manager for red watch at Surbiton fire station, said: “Rubbish was alight in the school through linseed oil. If you put linseed oil on rags or anything like that it could set it off.”
No damage was caused.
- Community project celebrates role of Walton hospital in First World War
- Unanimous opposition to Wisley Airfield greenbelt plans
- Pupil fails to secure place at nearest secondary school despite living less than a mile away
- Walton milkman delivers last pints after 20 years
- Court order imposed to protect public and dogs from terriers which savaged pet