Fire crews attended a small bin fire inside a classroom this morning.
Ian Meyer, crew manager for red watch at Surbiton fire station, said: “Rubbish was alight in the school through linseed oil. If you put linseed oil on rags or anything like that it could set it off.”
No damage was caused.
- Rehab and anxiety treatment services could remain split after "botched" council consultation
- Award nomination for mother of teen murdered outside Streatham ice rink
- New Kingston free school to open in office block
- Premier League footballer handcuffed after being wrongly accused of stealing cheese from Weybridge supermarket
- Foodies out in force for the Elmbridge Food Festival