Fire crews attended a small bin fire inside a classroom this morning.
Ian Meyer, crew manager for red watch at Surbiton fire station, said: “Rubbish was alight in the school through linseed oil. If you put linseed oil on rags or anything like that it could set it off.”
No damage was caused.
- Kingston police officer who downloaded 65,000 indecent images of children spared jail
- Surrey headteachers say funding cuts could lead to four-day school week
- Weekend weather: Sunny skies ahead for the capital
- Aspiring Formula 1 Weybridge engineers given funding boost to travel UK for championship
- DELAYS: Two lanes closed after lorry and car crash on A3 at Ockham