Fire crews attended a small bin fire inside a classroom this morning.
Ian Meyer, crew manager for red watch at Surbiton fire station, said: “Rubbish was alight in the school through linseed oil. If you put linseed oil on rags or anything like that it could set it off.”
No damage was caused.
- Duchess of Cambridge opens Magic Garden at Hampton Court Palace
- Police and Crime Commissioner election: Surrey goes to the polls this week
- Spider-Man Tom Holland to host exclusive screening in south west London for Kingston charity
- Gas works close parts of Kingston Road from today
- Bright and sunny day ahead with warm weather set to continue throughout the week