Fire crews attended a small bin fire inside a classroom this morning.
Ian Meyer, crew manager for red watch at Surbiton fire station, said: “Rubbish was alight in the school through linseed oil. If you put linseed oil on rags or anything like that it could set it off.”
No damage was caused.
- Man arrested on suspicion of murder after fisherman found dead by the Thames in Walton
- Devoted nurse retires after a staggering 58 years in the NHS
- 1,000-home Walton 'garden village' plans revived
- Inspirational scientist tells students to 'Say yes to everything, you are good enough'
- Murder investigation launched after man found in Thames in Walton suffered 'trauma to the head'