Fire crews attended a small bin fire inside a classroom this morning.
Ian Meyer, crew manager for red watch at Surbiton fire station, said: “Rubbish was alight in the school through linseed oil. If you put linseed oil on rags or anything like that it could set it off.”
No damage was caused.
- Would you live in an independent London city-state under President Sadiq Khan? 'Londependence' petition passes 110,000 signatures
- Mayor Sadiq Khan to London's EU migrants: 'You are welcome here'
- No charges for police officers after IPCC investigation of Liam Albert car chase
- 'It broke me': Bereaved mum's campaign to help parents who have lost a twin baby
- Former London Mayor candidate urges progress as statistics show half of Kingston police officers live outside London