Oven fire after cheese dinner goes wrong in Kingston

Oven fire after cheese dinner goes wrong

Oven fire after cheese dinner goes wrong

First published in News
Last updated
Surrey Comet: Photograph of the Author by , Chief reporter

Firefighters were called to a kitchen fire in Kingston after some grilled halloumi cheese went wrong.

Two fire engines were called to an oven on fire in Tudor Drive at 6pm yesterday evening.

Brennan Healey, crew manager at Kingston fire station, said: “Halloumi went wild in the oven. There was a small kitchen fire. Someone was grilling the cheese and they forgot about it.”

No injuries were reported and damage to the kitchen was minimal.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree