Jaguar XK catches fire in Surbiton while owner is away on holiday

Surrey Comet: A Jaguar XK8 - not the one pictured above - was badly damaged by an electrical fire inside the vehicle A Jaguar XK8 - not the one pictured above - was badly damaged by an electrical fire inside the vehicle

The owner of a luxury sports car returned home to find the vehicle badly damaged by an electrical fire.

Firefighters from Surbiton were called to Lovelace Road just before 11am on Friday after a passer-by reported seeing flames coming from inside a Jaguar XK8 convertible parked on a driveway.

The fire had been caused by an electrical fault in the passenger door, which left the interior badly damaged and both the passenger side window and front windscreen smashed.

A firefighter from Surbiton said the owner had been on holiday for two weeks, but has since returned.

Jaguar XK8s are valued between £49,000 and £70,000 new, or £2,000 to £11,000 second hand.

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:06pm Sun 12 Jan 14

Localidiot says...

So, let's get this straight: there's an upper limit on the second hand price of a Jaguar XK8 and that's £11,000 right?

What an excellent piece of journalism!
So, let's get this straight: there's an upper limit on the second hand price of a Jaguar XK8 and that's £11,000 right? What an excellent piece of journalism! Localidiot

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree