Police were called to a Surbiton boatyard after a woman threatened to jump into the river this morning.
Teddington Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) were turned away after police took over at Harts Boatyard in Portsmouth Road at about 1.30am.
Adam Bollard from Teddington RNLI tweeted: “Jumper in Kingston area, casualty in police care, stood down on route.”
Got a story? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Man arrested over burglaries where 'gentleman burglar kissed victims goodbye'
- A3 at Tolworth partially closed after crash
- Jail for New Malden drug dealer caught with £25,000 worth of cocaine
- War veteran seeks missing friends in time for Christmas
- Police appeal after teenage girl allegedly assaulted in Weybridge woodlands