Police were called to a Surbiton boatyard after a woman threatened to jump into the river this morning.
Teddington Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) were turned away after police took over at Harts Boatyard in Portsmouth Road at about 1.30am.
Adam Bollard from Teddington RNLI tweeted: “Jumper in Kingston area, casualty in police care, stood down on route.”
Got a story? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4244 or email email@example.com.
- Runners raise more than £17,000 for New Malden mum fighting rare form of cancer
- Steampunk returns to New Malden this weekend with umbrella fencing and snail racing
- Elmbridge greenbelt: Deadline for comments on council's controversial Local Plan due in today
- Mum of murdered schoolgirl Sarah Payne gives up on getting precious laptop back after burglary
- Overnight home for families of children with disabilities set to open in Chessington