Police were called to a Surbiton boatyard after a woman threatened to jump into the river this morning.
Teddington Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) were turned away after police took over at Harts Boatyard in Portsmouth Road at about 1.30am.
Adam Bollard from Teddington RNLI tweeted: “Jumper in Kingston area, casualty in police care, stood down on route.”
Got a story? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- WATCH: ‘We didn’t want him to die alone’: Neighbours pay emotional tributes to retired window cleaner killed in Westminster terror attack
- Kingston police officer who downloaded 65,000 indecent images of children spared jail
- Surrey headteachers say funding cuts could lead to four-day school week
- Weekend weather: Sunny skies ahead for the capital
- Aspiring Formula 1 Weybridge engineers given funding boost to travel UK for championship