Police were called to a Surbiton boatyard after a woman threatened to jump into the river this morning.
Teddington Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) were turned away after police took over at Harts Boatyard in Portsmouth Road at about 1.30am.
Adam Bollard from Teddington RNLI tweeted: “Jumper in Kingston area, casualty in police care, stood down on route.”
Got a story? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Pregnant woman injured in Worcester Park crash
- You can work in London and save £450,000 buying a home - but there's a catch
- Police and Crime Commissioner cleared of 'racially motivated' treatment
- 10 tips to protect your home as Met Police launches crackdown on burglars ahead of winter months
- Is south London's nightlife 'under attack'? Fabric closure sparks debate into the future of capital's clubs and bars