Police were called to a Surbiton boatyard after a woman threatened to jump into the river this morning.
Teddington Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) were turned away after police took over at Harts Boatyard in Portsmouth Road at about 1.30am.
Adam Bollard from Teddington RNLI tweeted: “Jumper in Kingston area, casualty in police care, stood down on route.”
Got a story? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- A day of remembrance - 100 years since the beginning of the Battle of The Somme we ask our readers for their stories of that most terrible of battles
- Kingston and Esher scouts hold overnight vigil in memory of the Battle of the Somme
- Twickenham and Effingham Junction area train lines closed on Sunday for engineering works
- Richmond and Kingston residents to foot bill for £52,000 send-off for children's services chief executive
- Child social care services in Kingston among the 'best in the country'