Police were called to a Surbiton boatyard after a woman threatened to jump into the river this morning.
Teddington Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) were turned away after police took over at Harts Boatyard in Portsmouth Road at about 1.30am.
Adam Bollard from Teddington RNLI tweeted: “Jumper in Kingston area, casualty in police care, stood down on route.”
Got a story? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Practice Teddington RNLI rescue mission planned for Kingston Bridge tonight
- Kingston police help six-year-old cancer patient tick off 'bucket list'
- Lane closed in Kingston one-way system following gas leak
- Cyclist who died in Richmond Park named as Oxshott scientist
- Doctors not at fault for Chessington pensioner's death at Kingston Hospital