Police were called to a Surbiton boatyard after a woman threatened to jump into the river this morning.
Teddington Royal National Lifeboat Institution (RNLI) were turned away after police took over at Harts Boatyard in Portsmouth Road at about 1.30am.
Adam Bollard from Teddington RNLI tweeted: “Jumper in Kingston area, casualty in police care, stood down on route.”
Got a story? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- People have been evacuated from their homes because of gas leak in Chessington
- Three-year-old reunited with man who rescued her from the Thames
- Terror alert raised to critical after Manchester terror attack
- Police launch probe as cyclist dies after crash with car
- General Election campaigning to remain suspended after Manchester terror attack