Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4244
Kingston Council set to approve Old London Road student flats
Plans for 60 student flats in Old London Road have been given the thumbs-up by Kingston Council officers.
Officers have recommended councillors approve the scheme at a meeting next week.
The five-storey building would stand at the end of Kingston’s oldest shopping street, opposite the Wilkinson store and right at the end of the queue for Pryzm nightclub – formerly Oceana.
The planning application includes the demolition of the Little Italy restaurant building, though the new development would make room for a restaurant.
Of 66 residents and business owners consulted on the scheme, four objected.
If approved, the development would have to be started within three years.
Officers said in a report the proposed restaurant should not be allowed to operate before 6am or after midnight.
Councillors will vote on the plans at a meeting of the development control committee on Thursday, December 12, at 7.30pm in the Guildhall.
Got a story? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4244 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Father died in hospital following surgery after telling his wife 'I'm going home tomorrow'
- Motorcyclist fined after dangerous overtake ends in crash
- Youths 'with sticks' battle in Kingston town centre
- Sewer pipe collapses near Kingston Hospital
- Rugby star's mum sentenced after years dodging fraud convictions
Comments are closed on this article.