Contact us: Got a photo? Text 'SLPICS' to 80360. Got a story? Call the newsdesk: 020 8744 4244
Petition to change Surbiton Christmas tree 'most middle class ever'
Some create online petitions to influence government policy or campaign for social causes.
In Surbiton things are done slightly differently.
One resident has petitioned Waitrose to replace the sponsored Christmas tree on the Victoria Road roundabout, to bring the display “more inline with the keeping of Surbiton.”
Digital marketing director Martin Goode said: "More people seem to verbally agree with the bad tree situation rather than anything else. Have written to Waitrose about it!"
At the time of writing the petition, hosted by Activism.com and dubbed “the most middle class petition you will ever see” on Twitter, had attracted two signatures.
It reads: “Waitrose has kindly sponsored the Christmas Tree outside Surbiton station again this year.
“However as many of you may of noticed, it's quite an ugly sight compared to the rest of the decoration within the Surbiton area and especially when compared to previous successful years.
“Ideally you live in the local area and have seen this in person rather than blindly signing the petition :)”.
How do you think the Surbiton Christmas tree rates? Let us know by leaving a comment or writing a letter to: email@example.com.
- Man who drove across level crossing let off with absolute discharge
- Would you take a pill that would make you Olympic champion but then kill you?
- Step back in time for pub quiz on Hook's past
- Repeat of director's secret £128,000 pay-off 'would have to be voted on by councillors' in future
- 'Considerable' rise in achievement at Chessington primary school
Comments are closed on this article.