The noise has been an irritation for weeks, but the source of the noise itself remains unknown.
One Surbiton forum user said: “I can only describe it [as] white noise and quite low frequency.”
Another added: “The noise is very low frequency and is a humming, whirling motor sound. You can hear the sound in every room of our flat.”
Glenbuck Road and Avenue Elmers residents reported hearing the hum throughout the day and night.
Forum users speculated it may be emanating from within Surbiton station, or behind McDonald’s.
Do you know what the source of the hum is? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4273 or email email@example.com.
- Zane Gbangbola inquest: Amber alarm sounded on firefighters' gas readers for hydrogen cyanide as they inspected Weybridge pupil's home
- Motorcyclist rushed to hospital after hit-and-run crash that closed A3 near Esher for four hours
- Man arrested on suspicion of drink-driving after car careers off New Malden flyover and catches fire
- Fire 'completely destroys' first floor of guesthouse in Cobham
- Monday’s weather: A cloudy morning will give way to an afternoon of sunshine across south west London and north Surrey