The noise has been an irritation for weeks, but the source of the noise itself remains unknown.
One Surbiton forum user said: “I can only describe it [as] white noise and quite low frequency.”
Another added: “The noise is very low frequency and is a humming, whirling motor sound. You can hear the sound in every room of our flat.”
Glenbuck Road and Avenue Elmers residents reported hearing the hum throughout the day and night.
Forum users speculated it may be emanating from within Surbiton station, or behind McDonald’s.
Do you know what the source of the hum is? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Walton Charity development plans lead to board resignation
- Man jailed for sexual assault in New Malden
- Moleseys experiencing "worst summer of noise" from Heathrow flight trials
- Dangerous child seats that put lives at risk discovered in Surrey
- Not a drop of bubbly as cyclists take on Calais to Cannes ride