The noise has been an irritation for weeks, but the source of the noise itself remains unknown.
One Surbiton forum user said: “I can only describe it [as] white noise and quite low frequency.”
Another added: “The noise is very low frequency and is a humming, whirling motor sound. You can hear the sound in every room of our flat.”
Glenbuck Road and Avenue Elmers residents reported hearing the hum throughout the day and night.
Forum users speculated it may be emanating from within Surbiton station, or behind McDonald’s.
Do you know what the source of the hum is? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Entity Allstars dancer from Worcester Park gets ready for Britain’s Got Talent final
- BREAKING NEWS: Cyclist killed in serious crash in Walton involving a car, tanker and a van
- Police explore French connection of Russian who died in St George's Hill
- Walton duo selected for Great Britain championships squad
- Delays and cancellations on the trains possible until 8pm due to signalling problems