The noise has been an irritation for weeks, but the source of the noise itself remains unknown.
One Surbiton forum user said: “I can only describe it [as] white noise and quite low frequency.”
Another added: “The noise is very low frequency and is a humming, whirling motor sound. You can hear the sound in every room of our flat.”
Glenbuck Road and Avenue Elmers residents reported hearing the hum throughout the day and night.
Forum users speculated it may be emanating from within Surbiton station, or behind McDonald’s.
Do you know what the source of the hum is? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Major Kingston road to close overnight for last-minute Ride London preperations
- Coulsdon man named as victim of fatal shooting at pool party in Surrey
- Man charged with being drunk and disorderly at Kingston station
- WATCH: Student from Teddington cracks 12 eggs in a row that all have double yolks, beating one in a SEXTILLION odds
- WATCH: Can you spot the crime? Video shows devious bank machine scam sweeping UK