The noise has been an irritation for weeks, but the source of the noise itself remains unknown.
One Surbiton forum user said: “I can only describe it [as] white noise and quite low frequency.”
Another added: “The noise is very low frequency and is a humming, whirling motor sound. You can hear the sound in every room of our flat.”
Glenbuck Road and Avenue Elmers residents reported hearing the hum throughout the day and night.
Forum users speculated it may be emanating from within Surbiton station, or behind McDonald’s.
Do you know what the source of the hum is? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4273 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Councils serve legal papers to Government over 'unlawful support' of Heathrow expansion
- 'Diabolical' traffic-calming scheme in Surbiton has made £500k in fines in just one week
- How to beat norovirus: What to do if you get dreaded vomiting bug
- Patients at risk of 'serious injury' at two major south west London hospitals as urgent repair costs soar past £65m
- REVEALED: Most and least recycling-friendly London boroughs