The noise has been an irritation for weeks, but the source of the noise itself remains unknown.
One Surbiton forum user said: “I can only describe it [as] white noise and quite low frequency.”
Another added: “The noise is very low frequency and is a humming, whirling motor sound. You can hear the sound in every room of our flat.”
Glenbuck Road and Avenue Elmers residents reported hearing the hum throughout the day and night.
Forum users speculated it may be emanating from within Surbiton station, or behind McDonald’s.
Do you know what the source of the hum is? Call the newsdesk on 020 8744 4273 or email email@example.com.
- Child in hospital after falling from window in New Malden
- Jeremy Hunt offers pause on junior doctors contract imposition
- UPDATED: Vauxhall fire continues to cause travel chaos across south London
- Broken down lorry causes six mile queues on A3 between Tolworth and Putney
- Weather: Dry, warm and sunny spring day with maximum temperatures of 20 degrees celsius