An Ollie Watkins double either side of a Said Benrahma penalty gave Brentford a 3-1 win over bitter West London rivals QPR at Loftus Road.

Watkins sent the Bees on their way to their third win in a row in the first half before R’s skipper Grant Hall levelled shortly after the break.

Benrahma converted a controversial penalty on the hour before Watkins sealed a memorable 3-1 win in injury time as the home side searched in vain for an equaliser.

Bright Bees

Bees started the brighter but it wasn’t until the quarter hour before they had their first clear-cut opening.

Josh Dasilva neatly getting the ball out of his feet to feed Bryan Mbeumo whose tame effort from the edge of the box was parried by R’s keeper Liam Kelly.

Frank’s side looked threatening on the break and on 23 minutes they got their lead through a Watkins’ ninth goal of the season.

With time to pick out a delivery, Mbeumo delivered from the right to a diving Watkins to header home from six-yards.

A frenetic end to the half saw both sides venture forward without troubling Kelly or David Raya at either end.

Bees stung early in second half

Just three minutes into the second half and the scores were level.

It would’ve been two minutes had Ray not pulled off a sublime save to deny Nahki Wells’ header.

From the resulting corner Raya could do nothing as Hall powered home Ebere Eze’s cross.

The scores were level until the hour when referee Andy Woolmer controversially pointed to the spot for a Josh Scowen foul on Mbeumo.

Benrahma made no mistake from 12-yards, driving high into the roof of the net sending the visiting fans behind the goal wild.

The Algerian should’ve added another second later after he was put through one-on-one with Kelly, the keeper doing well to glance his effort wide for a corner.

QPR looking for an equaliser left more room on the counter for Frank’s men to break and they should’ve made it three.

Mbeumo and Dasilva forcing Kelly into a fine double save to keep the R’s in the contest.

QPR had penalty appeals of their own turned down on 80minutes when it Dalsgaard appeared to handle from a corner, Woolmer waving play to continue.

Warburton’s side went looking for an equaliser and forced Raya into a smart stop to deny Ilias Chair from the edge of the box.

Eze had a golden chance to fire home a late winner on 90 minutes but his deflected effort was straight down Raya’s throat.

With QPR commited in the attacking half, the Bees broke and subsitute Mathias Jensen found himself through on goal but squared to the unmarked Watkin who tapped home past a helpless, but excellent, Kelly in goal.

TEAM: Raya, Henry, Jansson, Jeanvier, Dalsgaard, Mokotjo, Norgaard, Dasilva (Jensen 80’), Mbeumo (Valencia 75’), Benraham, Watkin.

Subs: Daniels, Thompson, Pinnock, Jensen, Valencia, Zamburek, Roerslev.

Attendance: 15,562