London Scottish went down 31-19 to Ealing in a game they'll feel they should've won.

After a challenging game away last week, Scottish were glad to be back in Richmond to celebrate Phil Cringle’s 50th cap.

Ealing were first to get off the mark, and took a well deserved lead. After just 4 minutes, a catch & drive from a 5m line out found its way to the line. Alun Walker the man with the ball, with May converting from a tight angle. Ealing extended their lead further less than 10 minutes later through O’Regan.

From the line out Ealing were rapid when moving the ball around, and ghosted through the defence to score. May converted again, LSFC 0-14 Ealing.

Scottish enjoyed a lot of possession, and made huge gains through Austin, Eliet, and Frost but could not capitalise. Ealing extended their lead still further on 21st minutes through Johnston. May converted again, LSFC 0-21 with still plenty of the half to come.

Finally Scottish made their pressure count, Eliet and Vukasinovic crashed over the gainline, the ball was recycled by Perry who kicked a grubber through for Mantella to collect at full tilt, he beat the last man to score a great try. Perry converted, LSFC 7-21 Ealing.

Moments before the halftime whistle, Ealing moved the ball Ealing halfway but Obatoyinbo read the play and plucked the ball out of the air and ran 40m unchallenged to score. Perry converted, half time score, LSFC 14-21 Ealing.

Second half, Josh Barton came on for Scottish and made an immediate impact by upping the tempo of the game. Scottish broke through the centre of the park, and sent the Ealing defence scrambling backwards and forced them to concede a penalty at the breakdown. From the 5m line out that followed, Eliet broke off the back and dived for the line to score. No conversion, LSFC 19-21 with half an hour to play.

Ealing were next to score, their lead extended through Walker ten minutes later, another set piece. From the 5m line out, the catch & drive began to spin, he flew off the back of it to score in the corner. no conversion, LSFC 19-26 Ealing.

Scottish dominated possession and territory, Eliet & Frost making huge gains and keeping the Scots on the front foot, but at a breakdown deep in the Ealing half, the ball was turned over and Harries broke down the blindside and made it all the way to the try line. No conversion, LSFC 19-31 Ealing.

Scottish continued to attack, but with 3 minutes to go Ealing won a penalty and ran out the clock. It was a disappointing end to a game that Scottish will feel they should have won; the opening 20 minutes before they got into the game was their un-doing. Stand out performances from Eliet again, Frost, Mosses and man of the match, Miles Mantella.