Rosslyn Park returned to form big time at Plymouth on Saturday, getting stronger the longer the match went on. Had they got the rub of the green on some fifty-fifty decisions they might well have returned a higher score.

Park were first on the attack and took the lead in the third minute, forcing a penalty that was converted by fly half Greg Lound for 3-0.

They very nearly added to that when flanker Arthur Ellis burst through but was penalized for ‘not releasing’ when a score looked on.

But it was the home side who scored the first try on 18 minutes when centre Dean Squire was driven over from close range, full-back Matt Shepherd converted to give Albion the lead at 7-3.

That only lasted two minutes before Park won a penalty in the home 22, kicked to the corner for hooker Adam Bellamy to get on the end of a perfectly executed catch-and-drive. Lound converted for 10-7

Just as it looked as if Park would reach the interval with a small lead Albion showed their class. Shepherd turned provider with a peach of a pass that released centre Connor Eastgate to sprint in from outside the 22. Shepherd added the extras for a 14-10 lead at the interval.

Park came out for the re-start looking like they meant business. After only four minutes Lound put over a penalty for 14-13, then four minutes later a massive attack saw prop Stuart Maguire force his way over, Lound converting for a 20-14 lead.

It was now all Park and on 57 minutes a superb move up the left saw Arthur Ellis add to the total, Lound’s conversion stretching the lead to 27-14.

Albion never gave up and, following a controversial penalizing of the visitors at a scrummage they were dominating, broke to score a good try through flanker George Mills, Shepherd’s conversion bringing Albion back within bonus point territory at 27-21.

However, Park were soon dictating terms again and full-back Henry Robinson made a great run to score out wide for 32-21 and the four-try bonus point.

Albion to their credit never gave up trying but by now Park were dominating every aspect of the game. With the last play of the match Park were awarded a penalty deep into home territory. With the bonus point already safely in the locker, replacement fly half Harry Leonard decided the best way to kick the ball out and bring play to a close was to propel it between the posts which he did for the final score of 35-21.