Two late late goals from Oldham caused heartbreak for Hampton and Richmond Borough as they were dumped out of the FA Cup first round.

Chris Dickson’s first half penalty put the home-side in dreamland at the break, but Rob Hunt’s 85th minute goal and Callum Lang's injury time winner turned euphoria into despair in South West London.

An away tie at Maidstone United lay in wait for Oldham.

It was Oldham who settled in to the game quickest, testing Tom Lovelock in the Beavers goal from the off.

Jose Baxter looked classy in the midfield as he pulled the strings behind another former premiership star in Ishmael Miller who combined well as they mounted attack after attack.

The best chance however fell to Cameron Dummigan, the Oldham right back who ran on to a perfectly waited pass from Baxter only to see his drive tipped expertly over by the man between the sticks.

As the away side grew, they got caught on the counter and a quick break resulted in Tyrell Miller-Rodney being brought down inside the box by Callum Lang.

Up-stepped Dickson whose penalty had too much on it for Daniel Iversen in goal to send home crowd in to euphoria.

From then on it was backs to the wall for the home side.

Their goal lived a charmed life as a barrage of efforts were saved or blocked. Lovelock twice denied Miller with excellent stops, and a goal-line clearance from Rian Bray left Baxter in disbelief. You started to believe fortune was with the home-side.

The home side did carve another opportunity before the break but impressive Zak Joseph down the right saw his effort finely saved by the legs of Iversen.

The second half was barely five-minutes old when Oldham’s play-maker, Baxter left the field on a stretcher to a warm round of applause after falling awkwardly in The Beavers box following a cross.

The Beavers nearly doubled their lead on 58-minutes as Joseph picked the ball up 30-yards out, beating two men before firing an effort inches wide.

As the half wore on the home side tired. Gary McCann replaced the combative Craig Dundas with Ricky Wellard who composed the midfield.

A similar pattern emerged as The Beavers defended stoutly as Oldham attacked. Bray again clearing from his line after a flurry of Oldham corners.

Home-hearts were broken with five minutes to go Oldham went from one end to the other. Borough had a free kick near the Oldham box, but with Joseph’s effort blocked they countered through Dan Gardner down the left at blistering speed before his cross was sept home by full-back Hunt.

With six-minutes of injury-time The Beavers were looking for the draw but deep in injury time Oldham got the winner.  A hopeful balkl was flicked on by substitute Chris O’Grady and it fell kindly of Callum Lang who drilled home the winner.

The Beavers will feel hard-done by, but in truth Oldham had the better chances.