Corinthian-Casuals continued to heap pressure on their promotion rivals with a solid 2-0 win over mid-table Horsham on a heavy pitch at King George’s.

First half goals from Jordan Clarke and Gabriel Odunaike were enough to seal three points in a performance that never saw them under any real threat from their opponents.

“The result puts a bit of pressure on the others around us,” commented Manager James Bracken after the match. “Hopefully one or two will slip up as Greenwich did today, with a shock result. But that will happen. The teams through the mid-table can beat those at the top. What’s more, the top sides have all got to play each other.”

The breakthrough came in the 24th minute when Odunaike sent a cross field pass to Clarke who cut inside and unleased a 20 yard curling shot that left Josh Pelling in goal no chance.

Ten minutes later, Odunaike added his name to the scoresheet. Max Oldham raced through and although his shot was partially-blocked by Steve Metcalf, the resulting deflection wrong-footed Pelling and Odunaike pounced to put the ball into an empty net. Horsham players protested for offside though Odunaike had been behind play after Oldham had struck his shot.

The win see’s the Tolworth outfit march up to 3rd in the league table. Keeping another clean sheet, James Bracken’s side have now only conceded 3 goals in the last nine league matches – a feat that could help them win promotion yet.

“Another clean sheet,” continued Bracken. “I’m watching these games and I’m not sure where our opponents are going to score from. We look so solid that I think teams will have to do well to score and very well to get a couple. If we can get a couple of goals a game then we’re going to be very hard to beat.

“It was always going to be the case with the weather we’ve had and it was a bit of a leveller, especially for the first 25 minutes. It took us a while to get to grips with just how slippery it was. That was beyond wet!

“Boys were sliding around everywhere and Horsham were putting the ball forward quickly which caused us a few problems in the first period.

"Though we haven’t been threatened too much, we took that time to get going ourselves. We settled down, scored a couple of decent goals and perhaps could’ve added to that. Second half, we pretty much controlled the game. We need to turn some of that possession into goals.

“Here, we can win this league, achieve automatic promotion and make history for this club. We could win a double and who doesn’t want to be involved in that? If anyone doesn’t, then they’re in the wrong sport. It’s going to be an exciting few weeks.”

Casuals travel to Chipstead in the league on Saturday before heading to Billericay Town for their League Cup semi-final on Monday.