A promising footballer who was kicked out of Kingston College faces years behind bars after looting an upmarket store in last week’s riots.

Mario Quiassaca, 18, stole £1,133 worth of clothes from Hugo Boss after a 60-strong mob descended on Sloane Square on Monday, August 8.

The semi-professional footballer for Staines Town FC scored two goals in the team’s 3-0 victory over Merstham two days earlier, but was sacked as soon as the club heard about his conviction.

The club said: “In the light of the news Staines Town Football Club is shocked and disappointed to hear of Mario Quiassaca’s involvement in the recent looting and rioting in London.

“As a consequence of this Mario’s registration is terminated with immediate effect.”

The former sports student, who lives in Selden House, on the Churchill Gardens estate in Pimlico, had been expelled from the college in January 2011 following an off-campus incident.

Appearing at Westminster Magistrates’ Court on Friday, August 12, Quiassaca was remanded in custody after admitting theft and violent disorder.

The Angolan-born teenager’s interests on Facebook include BlackBerry, whose messaging service was used to coordinate some of the disorder in the capital.

Another former Kingston College student, Saffron Armstrong, 22, was also remanded in custody on an earlier date, after admitting entering PC World in Colliers Wood with intent to steal two days after the disturbances.

National newspapers incorrectly said Armstrong, from Abbotts Road, Mitcham, was a Kingston University student, but Kingston College confirmed he studied there three years ago.

Kingston College said: “We are extremely disappointed youngsters are getting involved in this kind of violent disorder.

“Should any of our students take part in any illegal activities the college will take decisive and appropriate measures according to our disciplinary policy and procedures and work with the police to ensure the right course of action.”

Quiassaca will be sentenced at Wood Green Court, and Armstrong at Inner London Crown Court, at later dates.