The mother of a 10-year-old girl who was found dead in a house in Surrey has described how she barely recognised her daughter in the mortuary.

Sara Sharif was found in Hammond Road after police were called from Pakistan by her father Urfan Sharif on August 10.

She was living with her father and his partner Beinash Batool when she died.

A post-mortem examination found that Sara sustained “multiple and extensive injuries” over a sustained period of time.

Speaking on Polish television programme Uwaga! on the TVN Channel, Olga Sharif said:

“One of her cheeks was swollen and the other side was bruised.

“Even now, when I close my eyes I can see what my baby looked like.”

Olga said she separated from her husband in 2015 and Sara and her older brother were living with her until 2019.

The family court then ruled that they should live with their father.

Olga had equal rights to see the children and said while that was easy to maintain initially it became "increasingly harder over time".

Urfan, Beniash, and his brother, Faisal Malik are thought to have travelled to Islamabad on August 9 and are wanted by police for questioning.

They left with five children aged between one and 13-years-old, Surrey Police said.

Sara’s grandfather told the BBC the girl’s death was an “accident” and the trio who left the UK will “ultimately” return to face police questioning.

Muhammad Sharif said he saw Sara’s father soon after he arrived in the city of Jhelum and said his son had fled the UK out of “fear”.

Surrey County Council has told the PA news agency she was known to the local authority.

Authorities in Pakistan are searching for the trio and lawyers in the UK have said the nation’s government is unlikely to block an extradition request in connection to the death.

While there is no formal extradition treaty between the UK and Pakistan, people have been returned from the Asian country before.

The full interview with Olga will air on the Polish TV programme at 7.55pm local time on Wednesday.