Two men from Laleham who attacked two others and left a man lying a pool of blood have been jailed.

Surrey Police said that Mario Chambers, 31 and Robert Packer, 35, carried out an "unprovoked assault" against two other men after an afternoon spent drinking together in Laleham on November 16 last year.

Both men appeared at Kingston Crown Court on Monday (July 12), where they pleaded guilty.

Chambers received a 28 month prison sentence for two counts of common assault and one count of Section 20 grievous bodily harm with intent.

Packer was sentenced to 25 months for one count of common assault and one count of Section 20 grievous bodily harm with intent.

Police described how the pair were arrested on November 16 after their officers were called to reports of a man being seriously assaulted at a residential address in Monks Way in Laleham.

Read more: Man in hospital after Epsom violence

The victim was found by a member of the public "in a pool of blood and unconscious", a police statement on the case read.

Chambers and Packer were identified and arrested soon afterwards.

"Further enquiries and interviews revealed that the pair had been drinking with two victims throughout the afternoon.

"Chambers punched one of them in the face in an unprovoked assault. The pair, who were becoming aggressive, were then asked to leave the address.

"However, shortly afterwards they returned and started to attack the other victim by hitting him over the head with a vodka bottle and stamping on him whilst he lay on the floor," the statement continued.

The pair then ran off, leaving both victims "injured and extremely shaken", police said.

Both men targeted by Chambers and Packer were taken to hospital and one required "extensive treatment" for serious head injuries.

Investigating officer, PC Aaron King of Surrey Police said forensics had been used in the case to help put the pair behind bars.

"Surrey’s Criminal Investigation Department worked tirelessly to gather the relevant forensics and interview victims and witnesses in order to support this investigation and get Chambers and Packer charged and remanded," he said.

"In this case, the victim was lucky to make a full recovery and I hope that the sentencing of Chambers and Packer allows him to move on from this horrific assault."