A man has been jailed for drug offences just two months after being released from prison.

Ashrafur Rahman, 24, was sentenced to two and a half years in prison after pleading guilty to being concerned in the supply of Class A drugs.

Mr Rahman was a passenger in a car which was stopped by police carrying out unmarked patrols around Leatherhead on May 1.

He was already on licence after being sentenced to two years in August 2018 for perverting the course of justice.

One of his licence conditions limited him to owning just one phone which has to be registered to the probation service.

However, after he was stopped by police the attending officers discovered other mobile phones, cash, cannabis, and drug paraphernalia.

Investigating officer, PC Elliott Hartley from the Op Viking team, said: "Rahman’s behaviour displayed classic signs of county lines drug dealing and he is behind bars once again as a result.

"Our message is simple - drug dealing will not be tolerated - you will be caught out and put before the courts."

Mr Rahman was one of three men jailed for a total of nine and a half years in connection with county lines drug offences across Surrey when they appeared at Guildford Crown Court last week.

Michael Buckland, 53, and Jovan Page, 22, Page, of James Joyce Walk, London, were both jailed after being found guilty of possession with intent to supply class A drugs.

Mr Buckland was sentenced to two years and Mr Page for five years after police said he played a "significant role" in county lines drug dealing in the area.

The pair were passengers in a car spotted by plain clothed officers who were out on patrol in Brookers Close, Ashtead on December 19, 2018.

Officers managed to block the car in, but when they went to speak to the driver, he reversed in an attempt to drive off, before turning left into a short dead end road and being forced to a stop.

Officers surrounded the car and were forced to break the window and use incapacitant spray to detain Buckland and Page, as well as the driver of the car, under the Misuse of Drugs Act after they refused to open their doors.

PC Lee Munday, from the Op Viking team, said: "This result was the result of excellent work by the Op Viking team and I am delighted to see that two more drug dealers have been taken off the streets of Surrey."