Visitors to one of Kingston’s oldest buildings will be able to avail of free guided tours from April to September.

The historic Coombe Conduit was built for Henry VIII in 1540 to collect fresh water from springs on Kingston Hill to Hampton Court Palace. It was in use for 350 years.

The guided tours of the landmark in Coombe Lane West will be available on Sunday, April 8 between 2pm and 4pm for the first of this year’s open days.

There will be further open days at Coombe Conduit on the second Sunday of each month until September.

The entrance to the Conduit is at the corner of Lord Chancellor Walk, opposite Coombe Hill School.