ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14 (1)Notice ID: SUT1166411
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14 (1)
Temporary Road Closure Broom Road, Teddington
1. The Council of the London Borough of Richmond upon Thames HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that to facilitate a crane operation, they intend to make a temporary Traffic Order, the effect of which will be to introduce a temporary prohibition of traffic in Broom Road, Teddington.
2. Whilst the works take place,
(a) no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to proceed, wait or stand in Broom Road between a point outside the Lensbury Hotel and a point outside the Anglers Public House;
(b) no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to wait or stand in St Winifred's Road.
3. The order will come into effect on 29 May 2019. The restrictions will be in force at all times from 29 May 2019 until 31 May 2019, with back up dates of 1 until 2 June 2019 and whilst signs/cones are in place. The order will remain in force for a period of 18 months, to allow for unexpected events and possible remedial works.
4. An alternative route for vehicles affected by the closure will be available via Ferry Road, Kingston Road and St Winifred's Road.
5. The prohibitions apply only during such time and to such extent as indicated by prescribed traffic signs.
6. Nothing in the Order applies to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public service or utility vehicle;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a civil enforcement officer; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
7. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
Assistant Director - Traffic and Engineering Civic Centre, 44 York St, Twickenham, TW1 3BZ
Dated 17 May 2019