ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1) WANDSWORTH CARRIAGEWAY RESURFACING WORKSNotice ID: SUT1166378
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1) WANDSWORTH CARRIAGEWAY RESURFACING WORKS
1. The Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that to facilitate carriageway resurfacing works they intend to make an Order, the effect of which would be to introduce temporary closures in various streets within the borough.
2. Whilst the works take place, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter or proceed in those streets or parts of streets as specified in the Schedule to this Notice. It is anticipated that not all closures would be in place at the same time.
3. Alternative routes for vehicles, if available, would be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The Order would come into operation on 17th June 2019 and would remain in force for a maximum of 18 months or until the works are completed. The restrictions would only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by the placing of traffic signs.
5. Parking places in the specified streets and parts of streets would also be suspended during the works.
6. Nothing in the Order applies to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public service or utility vehicle;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a civil enforcement officer; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
7. Further information may be obtained from the Traffic and Engineering division - telephone number (020) 8891 7279.
Dated 17th May 2019
Town Hall Paul Martin
Wandsworth Chief Executive
Specified Streets and Parts of Streets for Carriageway Works
1. Ascalon Street;
2. Ashness Road;
3. Beeches Road;
4. Borrodaile Road;
5. Broxash Road;
6. Cabul Road;
7. Cheriton Square;
8. Cornford Grove, between Ryde Vale Road and Byrne Road;
9. Cunliffe Street;
11. Ericcson Close;
12. Findon Close;
13. Furzedown Drive;
14.Goulden House Approach;
15.Gravenel Gardens access road;
16. Havelock Terrace, between Palmerston Way and Pagden Street;
17. Jews Row, the north-west to south-east arm;
18. Larch Close;
19. Lebanon Gardens;
20.Lessingham Avenue, between Okeburn Road and Church Lane;
21. Longhedge Street; 22.McDermott Cose;
23.St Rule Street, between Dickens Street and Robertson Street;
24.The Baulk, at its junction with Merton Road;
27. Warriner Gardens, between Beechmore Road and Alexandra Avenue;
28.Western Lane, between Endlesham Road and Linnet Mews; and
29.Woodlands Way, the southern section, between Oakhill Road and the pedestrianised area beneath the railway bridge.