WELHAM ROAD - PEDESTRIAN AND CYCLE ZONENotice ID: SUT1124196
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
WELHAM ROAD - PEDESTRIAN AND CYCLE ZONE
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth proposes to make the following Order under sections 6 and 124 of, and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and the Traffic Management Act 2004.
? The Wandsworth (Prescribed Routes) (No. *) Order 2019
2. The general effect of the Order would be to Introduce:
(a) a pedestrian and cycle zone In Welham Road between 41 metres north-west of the north-western kerb-line of Nlmrod Road and 70 metres south-east of the south-eastern kerb-line of Chlllerton Road. The zone would operate between 8.15am and 4.30pm on Mondays to Fridays, during which motor vehicles would be prohibited from entering that area. Motorists requiring access to properties only accessible from that section of Welham Road would be permitted to use the road for that purpose. The restrictions would only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by the placing of traffic signs; and
(b) a point of no entry for motor vehicles in Welham Road located 70 metres south-east of the south-eastern kerb-line of Chillerton Road.
3. Copies of documents giving more detailed particulars of the proposed Order are available for inspection during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays in The Customer Centre, The Town Hall, Wandsworth High Street, London, SW18 2PU. The documents will remain available until the end of six weeks from the date on which the Order is made or, as the case may be, the Council decides not to make the Order.
4. Further information may be obtained from the Council's Traffic and Engineering Division - telephone number (020) 8487 5279.
5. Any person wishing to object to the proposed Order should send a statement in writing of their objection to the Director of Environment and Community Services at the address below (quoting reference W/ECS/TM01731) by 10th May 2019.
Dated 19th April 2019
Town Hall Wandsworth SW18 2PU
PAUL MARTIN Chief Executive