ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1) TEMPORARY PROHIBITIONS OF TRAFFIC - CRINGLE STREETNotice ID: SUT1114636
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1) TEMPORARY PROHIBITIONS OF TRAFFIC - CRINGLE STREET
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth, on the 8th April 2019 made an Order to facilitate highways works to install ducting across Cringle Street for works on Nine Elms Lane ("the works"), the effect of which will be to introduce a temporary road closure in Cringle Street.
2. Whilst the works take place, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter, proceed or wait (including waiting for the purposes of loading / unloading) in Cringle Street between the north-western kerb-line of Nine Elms Lane and the eastern kerb-line of Kirtling Street (eastern south-west to north-east arm).
3. The Order will come into effect on 27th April 2019 and will remain in force for a maximum of 18 months, or until the works are complete, whichever is the sooner. The restrictions will only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by the placing of traffic signs.
4. Whilst the Order remains in force, alternative routes for vehicles will be available and will be appropriately signed.
5. Nothing in the Order applies to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public service or utility vehicle;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a civil enforcement officer; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
6. Any vehicle waiting in contravention of any restriction imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
7. Further information may be obtained from the Council's Traffic and Engineering Division - telephone number (020) 8487 5279.
Dated 12th April 2019
Town Hall Wandsworth SW18 2PU
PAUL MARTIN Chief Executive