Transport for London Public Notice ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: WAT1099865
Transport for London Public Notice - ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A1 GLA ROAD (GREAT NORTH WAY, LONDON BOROUGH OF BARNET) (TEMPORARY 30 MPH SPEED LIMIT AND PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2019
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable gas connection works to take place on the A1 Great North Way.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) proceeding in lane 1 of the south-east bound carriageway of the A1 Great North Way, between the extended south-eastern building line of No. 19 Great North Way and the extended common boundary line of Nos. 25 and 27 Great North Way;
(2) exceeding a speed of 30 MPH on the south-east bound carriageway of the A1 Great North Way, between Nos. 25 and 27 Great North Way to the south-eastern boundary line of No. 77 Great North Way.
The Order will be effective at certain times from 07:00 AM on 25th April 2019 until 6:00 PM on 28th April 2019 or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibition in article 3 (1) above will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibition is in force an alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs via Fiveways Corner and onto normal route of travel.
Dated this 11th day of April 2019
Coordination and Permitting Area Manager
Transport for London