ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT1098496
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A297 GLA ROAD (ST HELIER AVENUE, LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON) (TEMPORARY 20 MPH SPEED LIMIT AND PROHIBITION OF STOPPING) ORDER 2019
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it has made the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to allow gas main replacement works to take place on St Helier Avenue.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
(1) Exceeding a speed limit of 20 MPH on St Helier Avenue between its junction with Rosehill Roundabout and the extended northern building line of No. 305 St Helier Avenue;
(2) Stopping in the footway or carriageway parking bays on St Helier Avenue between its junction with Rose Hill Roundabout and the extended common building line of Nos. 320-322 St Helier Avenue.
The Order will be effective from 7:00 AM on the 8th April 2019 to 6:00 PM on the 21 st April 2019 or until the works has been completed. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
Dated this 4th day of April 2019
Coordination and Permitting Area Manager
Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ