WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1) TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES DR JOHNSON AVENUE, HILLBURY ROAD, ELMBOURNE ROAD AND LOUISVILLE ROADNotice ID: SUT1030209
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
TEMPORARY ROAD CLOSURES DR JOHNSON AVENUE, HILLBURY ROAD, ELMBOURNE ROAD AND LOUISVILLE ROAD
1. The Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth HEREBY GIVES NOTICE that to facilitate highways works in the Dr Johnson Avenue area ("the works") they intend to make an Order, the effect of which will be to introduce temporary road closures in Dr Johnson Avenue, Hillbury Road, Elmbourne Road and Louisville Road.
2. Whilst the works take place, no person shall cause or permit any vehicle to enter, proceed or wait in:
(a) Dr Johnson Avenue;
(b) Hillbury Road, at its junction with Dr Johnson Avenue;
(c) Elmbourne Road, at its junction with Dr Johnson Avenue and between its junctions with Louisville Road and Tooting Bee Road;and
(d) Louisville Road, at its junction with Elmbourne Road.
3. Whilst the Order remains in force, alternative routes for vehicles will be available, as indicated by traffic signs.
4. The Order will come into effect on 11th March 2019 and will remain in force for a maximum of 18 months or until the works are complete, whichever is the sooner. The restrictions would only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by the placing of traffic signs.
5. Nothing in the Order applies to:
(a) any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public service or utility vehicle;
(b) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police officer in uniform or a civil enforcement officer; or
(c) any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes.
6. Further information may be obtained from the Traffic and Engineering division - telephone number (020) 8871 8201.
Dated 22nd February 2019
Town Hall Paul Martin
Wandsworth Chief Executive