LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON INTRODUCTION OF WAITING RESTRICTIONS IN VARIOUS ROADS THE MERTON (WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTION) (AMENDMENT NO. 464) ORDER 2019 THE MERTON (WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTION) (CPZ W2) (AMENDMENT NO. 1) ORDER 2019Notice ID: SUT0986226
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON INTRODUCTION OF WAITING RESTRICTIONS IN VARIOUS ROADS
THE MERTON (WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTION) (AMENDMENT NO. 464) ORDER 2019 THE MERTON (WAITING AND LOADING RESTRICTION) (CPZ W2) (AMENDMENT NO. 1) ORDER 2019
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Merton, on 21 January 2019, made the above-mentioned Orders under sections 6 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the "Waiting and Loading' Orders will be to further amend existing Merton waiting and loading restriction orders so that waiting by vehicles (otherwise than for the purpose of delivering or collecting goods or loading or unloading a vehicle for 20 minutes) will be prohibited at any time in the lengths of roads listed in the Schedule to this Notice.
3. A copy of the Orders, which will come into force on 4 February 2019, and other documents giving more detailed particulars of the Orders, including plans specifying the roads or lengths of roads affected by the Orders, can be inspected during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive until the end of six weeks from the date on which the Orders were made at Merton Link, Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden, Surrey, SM4 5DX.
4. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Orders or of any provision contained therein on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any of the relevant requirements thereof, or of any relevant regulations made thereunder has not been complied with in relation to the Orders may, within six weeks from the date on which the Orders were made, make application for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated: 21 January 2019.
ARAGON ROAD, MORDEN, the south-west side, from a point in line with the common boundary of Nos. 375 and 377 Aragon Road to a point 5 metres north-west of a point in line with the common boundary of Nos. 377 and 379 Aragon Road;
CHURCH ROAD, MITCHAM, the arm leading to Noble Court, both sides, between Church Road, the main arm, and the first parking bays;
GARTH ROAD, SM4
(a) the west and south-west sides,
(i) from its junction with Lower Morden Lane to the northern boundary of the Public Right of Way No. 131 (Green Lane);
(ii) from a point 13 metres north of the northern kerb-line of Garth Close to a point 13 metres south of the southern kerb-line of Garth Close;
(b) the north-east side, from its junction with Lower Morden Lane, to a point 8 metres south-east Wydell Close;
LAKE ROAD, WIMBLEDON, the north-west side, from its junction with Church hill south-westward for a distance of 15.2 metres.
LOWER MORDEN LANE, SM4,
(a) the north side, from a point 10 metres west of the western kerb-line of Buttermere Close, westward to a point 4.5 metres west of a point in line with the common boundary of Nos. 287 and 289 Lower Morden Lane;
(b) the west and north-west sides, from a point 0.5 metre north-east of a point in line with the south-western building wall of No. 333 Lower Morden Lane south-westward to its junction with Garth Road;
(c) the south-east and east sides, from a point in line with the northeastern boundary of No. 335 Lower Morden Lane southward to its junction with Garth Road;
MARTIN WAY, MORDEN,
(a) both sides, from a point 18 metres east of the eastern kerb-line of Mostyn Road westward to a point 43.5 metres west of the western kerb-line of Mostyn Road
(b) the south side, from a point 6.5 metres east of the eastern kerb-line of the rear access to 62-78 Martin Way to a point 8 metres west of the western kerb-line of that same rear access.
The Access Road leading to the rear of Nos. 62 to 78 Martin Way; the
north to south arm;
(a) the west side,
(b) the east and north sides, from its junction with Martin Way to the western boundary of No. 78 Martin Way.
WYDELL CLOSE, SM4, from its junction with Garth Road eastward for a distance of 10.5 metres.
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON ZEBRA CROSSING INSTALLATION - BUSHEY ROAD, RAYNES PARK
Further to the notice published in the Wimbledon Times on 21 December 2018, NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Merton, under powers conferred by section 23 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, will only proceed with the installation of a zebra crossing in Bushey Road, Raynes Park, the slip road section outside Nos. 80 and 82 Bushey Road. The raised table proposed in the same notice published on 21 December 2018 will not be constructed.
Dated 25 January 2019.
London Borough of Merton Public Notices
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON PROPOSED 20 MPH SPEED LIMIT IN VARIOUS ROADS IN THE
MITCHAM AREA THE MERTON (20 MPH SPEED LIMIT) (NO. *) TRAFFIC ORDER
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Merton propose to make the above mentioned Order under sections 84 and 124 of, and Part IV of Schedule 9 to, the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended, and all other enabling powers.
2. The general effect of the Order would be to:-
(a) impose a 20 MPH speed limit in the roads or lengths of roads described in the Schedule to this notice so that all roads in the London Borough of Merton east of a boundary consisting of High Street, Colliers Wood; Priory Road, Christchurch Road, Merantun Way, Morden Road, Morden Hall Road, the Morden Hall Roundabout and St Helier Avenue would be subject to a 20MPH speed restriction; excluding Croydon Road and the A217 from a point 21 metres north of the common boundary of Nos. 23 and 25 London Road, SW16 to the boundary of the London Borough of Merton with the London Borough of Wandsworth,
(b) revoke the Merton (20 MPH Speed Limit) (No. 1) Traffic Order 2019 and re-enact its provisions.
3. A copy of the proposed Order and other documents giving more detailed particulars of the Order, including a plan which indicate the lengths of roads to which the Order relates can be inspected during the Council's normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive at Merton Link, Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden or at the Mitcham Library, 157 London Road, Mitcham CR4 2YR.
4. Any person desiring to make representations or to object to the proposed Order should send a statement in writing of their representations or objections and the grounds thereof, to the Environment and Regeneration Department, Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden, Surrey, SM4 5DX or alternatively by email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference ES/MITCHAMAREA20MPH no later than 15 February 2019.
Dated 25 January 2019.
Albert Road, Alexandra Road, Alphea Close, Armfield Crescent, Arnold Road, Ashtree Avenue, Aspen Gardens, Baker Lane, Bank Avenue, Barnard Road, Baron Grove, Batsworth Road, Beddington Lane, Bedfont Close, Beecholme Avenue, Belgrave Road, Birdhurst Road, Bishopsford Road, Blake Road, Borough Road, Bourne Drive, Boxley Road, Bramcote Avenue, Brangwyn Crescent, Broadway Gardens, Brookfields Avenue, Bunting Close, Caesar's Walk, Caithness Road, Carew Road, Carshalton Road, Cavendish Road, Cecil Place, Cedars Avenue between the Carshalton Roundabout and Commonside East, Chalkley Close, Chatsworth Place, Christchurch Close, Christchurch Road, Church Path, Church Place, Church Road, Clarendon Road, Clive Road, Collingwood Road, Colwood Gardens, Courtney Road, Commonside West, Cranmer Road, Crescent Grove, Cricket Green, Crusoe Road, Dalton Avenue, Daniel Close, De'Arn Gardens, Deer Park Gardens, Deer Park Road, Defoe Close, Denham Crescent, Devonshire Road, Dovedale Rise, Downe Road, Drake Road, East Gardens, Eastfields Road, Edgehill Road, Edmund Road, Ellis Road, Elmfield Avenue, Elmhurst Avenue, Elmwood Road, Farewell Place, Feltham Road, Fernlea Road, Finborough Road, Firtree Avenue, Flanders Crescent, Fleming Mead, Fortescue Road, Forval Close, Folwer Road, Foxton Grove, Friday Road, Frimley Gardens, Garden Avenue, Gaston Road, Gilpin Close, Glebe Avenue, Glebe Court Glebe Path, Goat Road, Goodwin Close, Graham Avenue, Graham Road, Guyatt Gardens, Hallowfield Way, Harewood Road, Harwood Avenue, Haslemere Avenue, Hatfeild Close, Hatton Gardens, Hawthorne Avenue, Heatherdene Close, Hengelo Gardens, Hilary Avenue, Hill Road, Hogarth Crescent, Holborn Way, Homefield Gardens, Holmbury Court, Horner Lane, King George VI Avenue, Island Road, Jeppo's Lane, Jubilee Way, Kenmare Drive, Kennedy Close, Laburnum Road, Lammas Avenue, Landseer Close, Langdale Avenue, Lansdell Road, Leather Close, Lee Road, Lewis Road, Liberty Avenue, Linden Place, Littlers Close, Lock's Lane, Lombard Road, London Road (A217) from its junction with Bishopsford Road to a point 21 metres north of the common boundary of Nos. 23 and 25 London Road, SW16; Love Lane, Lower Green West, Lowry Crescent, Lulworth Crescent, Lyon Road, Lyveden Road, Madeira Road, Marlborough Close, Marlborough Road, Marsh Avenue, Melrose Avenue, Merlin Close, Miles Road, Mitcham Park, Montrose Gardens, Morden Gardens, Morden Road (A239), Morland Close, Mortlake Drive, Mount Road, Myrna Close, New Close, Norfolk Road, North Gardens, North Place, Oakwood Avenue, Octavia Close, Ormerod Gardens, Osier Way, Oxted Close, Palestine Grove, Park Avenue, Park Road, Parkview Drive, Pearce Close, Pear Tree Close, Pembroke Road, Phipps Bridge Road, Pitcairn Road, Portland Road, Priestley Road, Prince George's Road, Proctor Close, Queen Anne's Gardens, Queens Road, Raleigh Gardens, Ravensbury Grove, Rawnsley Avenue, Reynolds Close, Rialto Road, Ridge Road, Riverside Drive, Robinson Road, Rock Close, Rodney Road, Roper Way, Roslyn Close, Runneymede, Rural Way, Ruskin Way, Russell Road, Rustic Avenue, Rutland Road, Flutter Gardens, Sandy Lane between Fernlea Road and Rialto Road, Saxonbury Close, Seaton Road, Sheldrick Close, Shrewton Road, Silbury Avenue, Singleton Close, South Gardens, St Mark's Road, Streatham Road, Stubbs Way, Sutherland Drive, Swains Road, Sycamore Gardens, Taffy's How, Tandem Way, Taylor Road, The Bungalows, The Close, The Driftway, Thorburn Way, Thornville Grove, Tonstall Road, Tramway Path, Tudor Place, Upper Green East, Upper Green West, Valley Gardens, Varley Way, Vicarage Gardens, Waldo Place, Walnut Tree Avenue, Walsingham Road, Wandle Way, Warren Road, Watermill Way, Wates Way, Watneys Road, Watson Close, West Gardens, Western Road, Westfield Road, Whitford Gardens, Willow Lane, Willow View, Wilton Road, Windmill Road, Windsor Avenue, Woodley Close and Yarborough Road.
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON BUSHEY ROAD SLIP ROAD 20 MPH SPEED LIMIT THE MERTON (20 MPH LIMIT) (NO. *) TRAFFIC ORDER 201*
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Merton propose to make the above mentioned Order under section 84 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended, and all other enabling powers.
2. The general effect of the "Speed Limit" Order would be to impose a speed limit of 20 miles per hour in Bushey Road, the slip road section linking Beverley Way southbound and the main arm of Bushey Road, from the western boundary of Nos. 84 and 86 Bushey Road to its junction with the main arm of Bushey Road outside West Wimbledon Primary School.
3. A copy of the proposed Order and other documents giving more detailed particulars of the Order, including a plan identifying the road or length
of road affected by the proposed Order and the Council's Statement of Reasons for making the Order can be inspected during the Council's normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays at Merton Link, Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden, Surrey.
4. Any person desiring to make representations or to object to the proposed Order should send a statement in writing of their representations or objections and the grounds thereof, to the Environment and Regeneration Department, Merton Civic Centre, London Road, Morden, Surrey, SM4 5DX or alternatively by email to email@example.com quoting the reference ES/BRSR no later than 15 February 2019.
Dated 25 January 2019.
LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 - SECTION 14(1)
(CRICKET GREEN) (TEMPORARY RESTRICTION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 2019
1. The London Borough of Merton Council hereby give notice, that to facilitate footway widening works in Cricket Green, the south-west arm, they intend to make an Order, the effect of which, during the works, would be to temporarily prohibit any person from:-
(a) causing or permitting any vehicle to:-
(i) proceed in Cricket Green, the south-west arm, between its junction with London Road and the mini-roundabout at its junction with Madeira Road and Cranmer Road, other than in a generally south-eastbound direction; or
(ii) turn right into Cricket Green, the south-west arm, from Cricket Green, the north-east arm; or
(iii) turn right into Cricket Green from Madeira Road; or
(iv) turn left into Cricket Green from Mitcham Park; or
(v) turn left into Cricket Green from Bramcote Avenue; or
(vi) turn left into Cricket Green from Cranmer Road; or
(b) causing or permitting any vehicle to wait, including for the purpose of loading or unloading, in Cricket Green, the south-west arm, both sides, between London Road and the mini-roundabout at its junction with Madeira Road and Cranmer Road; or
(c) entering or proceeding on foot in the south-western footway of Cricket Green, the south-west arm, between No. 46 Cricket Green and No. 78 Cricket Green.
2. Any designated parking place situated in the length of Cricket Green specified in paragraph 1 (a)(i) of this Notice would be suspended for the duration of the works.
3. The restrictions would apply only during such times and to such extent as would from time to time be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
4. Any vehicle in contravention of any waiting restrictions imposed by the Order may be removed under the provisions of the Removal and the Disposal of Vehicles Regulations 1986.
5. During the works,:-
(a) diverted north-west bound vehicular traffic should proceed via Cricket Green and Madeira Road or via Carshalton Road and the Carshalton Road Roundabout and then Commonside West, Upper Green East and London Road; and
(b) diverted pedestrian traffic should proceed by way of the footway opposite.
6. Nothing in the Order would apply: -
(a) to any vehicle being used in connection with the execution of the said works or any public service or utility vehicle; or
(b) to anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a police community support officer in uniform; or
(c) to any vehicle being used for police, fire brigade or ambulance purposes, subject to site conditions at the time of any emergency.
7. The Order would come into force on Monday 25th February 2019 and would remain in operation for a maximum period of 18 months. However, it is anticipated that the footway widening works would be completed by 8th April 2019.
Dated: 25 January 2019.
PUBLIC NOTICE CONTINUED ON NEXT PAGE
PAUL MCGARRY Head of futureMerton London Borough of Merton
Telephone: 020 8274 4901
Merton Civic Centre London Road, Morden Surrey SM4 5DX