MINOR PARKING AND ONE-WAY WORKING AMENDMENTS - VARIOUS LOCATIONS (REF. KINGMAP0006)Notice ID: MF0287012
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
MINOR PARKING AND ONE-WAY WORKING AMENDMENTS - VARIOUS LOCATIONS (REF. KINGMAP0006)
The Kingston upon Thames (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. 7) Order 2018, The Kingston upon Thames (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. 7) Order 2018; and The Kingston upon Thames (Prescribed Routes) (Amendment No. 9) Traffic Order 2018.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames made the above-mentioned Orders on 23rd July 2018 under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders, which will come into force on 30th July 2018, will be;
(a) due to the introduction of acycle scheme in and around Acre Road, Kingston;
(i) in Elm Crescent, to shorten an existing 'shared use' parking place (at its junction with Cowleaze Road), replaced by a double yellow line "at any time" waiting restriction; and
(ii) to add an exception for cycles to the systems of one-way working in; Acre Road; and the northern arm ofElm Crescent;
Please note:- the proposal to shorten aparking place in Cowleaze Road has been abandoned.
b) in Mayfair Close, Surbiton, to lengthen an existing double yellow line "at any time" waiting restriction (outside Nos. 1to5);
c) in Latchmere Road, Kingston, to lengthen an existing double yellow line "at any time" waiting restriction (outside No. 52);
d) to introduce double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions at the following junctions (in Kingston); Durlston Road and St. Alban's Road; Durlston Road and Studland Road; Latchmere Road and Studland Road; St. Alban's Road and Studland Road (both junctions); and
e) to modify the traffic order definitions of certain other parking places and waiting restrictions so they better reflect what is currently on the ground (there would be no change to the way restrictions and parking places currently operate).
3. The Orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars including plans showing the location and effect are available for inspection until 3rd September 2018 at The Information and Advice Centre, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU between 9a.m. and 5p.m. on Mondays to Fridays inclusive.
4. For further information,telephone 'Environment' on 020 8547 5002.
5. Anyperson desiring to question the validity of the Ordersorofany provision contained therein on the grounds thatitisnot within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984orthat any of the relevant requirementsthereof or any relevant regulations made thereunderhave not been compliedwith in relation to the Ordersmay make application for the purposes to the High Court by 3rd September 2018.
Dated 27th July 2018. IAN BAKER
Team Leader - Parking and Sustainable Transport (Environment)