ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991Notice ID: MF0286138
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS ELM ROAD, NEW MALDEN
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for Elm Road, New Malden, in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT, in order for Network Rail to carry out planned maintenance works, it intends to make an Order of the effect of which will be to:
(a) Prohibit vehicular traffic from continuing along Elm Road from 10 metres south of the bridge to 10 metres north of the level crossing in either direction.
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1above: -
a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission of or at the direction of aconstable in uniform or to any vehicles being used in connection with the works.
c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on the 15 September 2018 and will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are completed. It is anticipated that the works will last for 2days.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without interference with execution of the said works.
5. An alternative route exists via Kingston Road, High Street, Coombe Road, Langley Grove, Clarence Avenue and reverse.
Dated 20 July 2018.
Traffic Manager, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU