MINOR PARKING AMENDMENTS -VARIOUS LOCATIONS (REF. KINGMAP0005)Notice ID: MF0282973
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
MINOR PARKING AMENDMENTS -VARIOUS LOCATIONS (REF. KINGMAP0005)
The Kingston upon Thames (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. 6) Order 2018 and The Kingston upon Thames (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. 6) Order 2018.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames made the above-mentioned Orders on 25th June 2018 under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders, which will come into force on 2nd July 2018, will be: (a) to introduce disabled persons’ parking places at the following locations:-
• Clayton Road, Chessington – outside Arbrook Court
• Grove Lane, Kingston – outside No. 59
• St. Andrew’s Square, Surbiton – outside No. 15 (in place of an existing ‘permit holders only’ parking space)
(Vehicles displaying a valid disabled persons’ badge may wait in the above parking places without charge or time limit).
(b) to remove existing disabled persons’ parking places in;
• Browns Road, Surbiton (at the side of No. 169, Ewell Road)
• Tudor Drive, Kingston (outside No. 91).
(c) in Minniedale, Surbiton, to merge existing ‘permit holders only’ parking places (outside No. 21) due to a redundant vehicle crossing;
(d) in Grand Avenue, Surbiton, to lengthen an existing single yellow line waiting restriction (at the side of No. 168 Elgar Avenue);
(e) in Howard Road, Surbiton; to lengthen existing double yellow line “at any time” waiting restriction (opposite No. 23); and to introduce a double yellow line “at any time” waiting restriction (outside No. 23);
(f) to introduce double yellow line “at any time” waiting restrictions in; Mansfield Road, Chessington (in the service road, adjacent to No. 2); Gibson Close, Chessington (outside Nos. 3-4 & 7-8); Moor Lane, Chessington (the north side of the service road between No. 98 & The Chessington Oak public house); Tedder Close, Chessington (outside Nos. 7-8 & 11-12); and Vine Close, Chessington (at its eastern end);
(g) to lengthen existing double yellow line “at any time” waiting restrictions in; Berrylands, Surbiton (opposite No. 52); Bolton Road, Chessington (at its junction with Bolton Close); and at the junction between Bolton Road & Parbury Rise, Chessington;
(h) to shorten an existing double yellow line “at any time” waiting restrictions in Elm Road, Chessington (outside No. 33); and
(i) to modify the traffic order definitions of certain other parking places and waiting restrictions so they better reflect what is currently on the ground (there would be no change to the way restrictions and parking places currently operate). Please note:- the proposals; to shorten an existing ‘permit holders only’ parking place in St. Leonard’s Road, Surbiton (outside No. 1, Spring Cottages) has been deferred; and to remove part of an existing ‘permit holders only’ parking place in Gibbon Road, Kingston (outside No. 58) has been abandoned.
3. The Orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars including plans showing the location and effect are available for inspection until 6th August 2018 at The Information and Advice Centre, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Mondays to Fridays inclusive.
4. For further information, telephone ‘Environment’ on 020 8547 5002.
5. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Orders or of any provision contained therein on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements thereof or any relevant regulations made thereunder have not been complied with in relation to the Orders may make application for the purposes to the High Court by 6th August 2018. Dated 29th June 2018. IAN BAKER Team Leader – Parking and Sustainable Transport (Environment)