MINOR PARKING AND ONE-WAY WORKING AMENDMENTS - VARIOUS LOCATIONS (REF. KingMap0008)Notice ID: MF0281788
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
MINOR PARKING AND ONE-WAY WORKING AMENDMENTS - VARIOUS LOCATIONS (REF. KingMap0008)
The Kingston upon Thames (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. 5) Order 2018, The Kingston upon Thames (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. 5) Order 2018 and The Kingston upon Thames (Prescribed Routes) (Amendment No. 8) Traffic Order 2018.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames made the above-mentioned Orders on 18th June 2018 under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9tothe Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders, which will come into force on 25th June 2018, will be;
(a) to introduce adisabled persons' parking place at the following location:-
? South Lane, New Malden - outside No. 30
(Vehicles displaying avalid disabled persons' badge may wait in the above parking places without charge or time limit).
(b) to remove an existing disabled persons' parking place in Blagdon Road, New Malden (outside No. 34);
(c) in South Lane, New Malden (in the access road at the shopping parade);
(i) to introduce double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions at junctions and at acrossing point; and
(ii) to introduce asystem of one-way working (in ageneral northerly direction);
(d) in Alfred Road, Kingston, to remove an existing 'permit holders only' parking place (outside No. 87) in order to allow access to an off-street parking area;
(e) in Grove Crescent, Kingston (opposite Nos. 15-17), to shorten an existing 'shared use' parking place and remove an existing single yellow line waiting restriction, to be replaced by a double yellow line "at any time" waiting restriction;
(f) in Ellerton Road, Surbiton (at the island area adjacent to Ditton
(i) to convert existing single yellow line waiting restrictions either to double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions or to the abovementioned 'goods vehicles only' parking place; and
(ii) to alter or introduce double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions at various locations;
(g) at the junction between Pine Gardens and Raeburn Avenue, Surbiton, to introduce double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions; and
(h) to modify the traffic order definitions of certain other parking places and waiting restrictions so they better reflect what is currently on the ground (there would be no change to the way restrictions and parking places currently operate).
Please note:- the proposals; to introduce adisabled persons' parking place in Rose Walk, Surbiton has been deferred; to introduce adisabled persons' parking place in Smith Street, Surbiton has been abandoned; and to introduce agoods vehicles 'loading only' place in Ellerton Road, Surbiton has been abandoned.
3. The Orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars including plans showing the location and effect are available for inspection until 30th July 2018 at The Information and Advice Centre, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU between 9 a.m. and 5p.m. on Mondays to Fridays inclusive.
4. For further information, telephone 'Environment' on 020 8547 5002.
5. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Orders or of any provision contained therein on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements thereof or any relevant regulations made thereunder have not been complied with in relation to the Orders may make application for the purposes to the High Court by 30th July 2018.
Dated 22nd June 2018.
IAN BAKER, Team Leader -Parking and Sustainable Transport (Environment)