ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991Notice ID: MF0270872
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES -ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991
TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS
CYCLE TRACK FROM OPP JNCT OF FIFE RD WITH CLARENCE ST TO OPP JNCT OF CANBURY PARK RD AND RICHMOND RD, KINGSTON UPON THAMES
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for the Cycle Track from Sopwith Way to Wood Street, Kingston in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT,toenable The Go-Cycle Scheme to install granite setts in the carriageway, it has made an Order of the effect of which will be to:
(a) prohibit any cyclist or person from entering or remaining at rest in the Cycle Track from Sopwith Way to Wood Street in either direction
(b) remove of the current cycle lane to maintain two lanes of vehicular traffic
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1above:
a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission, or at the direction, of aconstable in uniform or to any vehicles or pedestrians in connection with the said works.
c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on 30 April 2018 and will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are completed.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without interference with execution of the said works.
5. Cyclists are to dismount and use the footways of Richmond Road. MERVYN BARTLETT
Traffic Manager, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU. 27 April 2018