CONTRA-FLOW CYCLE ROUTES CANDAHAR ROAD, FURMAGE STREET, TEMPERLEY ROAD, TRINITY CRESCENT, TWILLEY STREET CONTRA-FLOW CYCLE ROUTES CANDAHAR ROAD, FURMAGE STREET, TEMPERLEY ROAD, TRINITY CRESCENT, TWILLEY STREETNotice ID: SUT0555463
WANDSWORTH BOROUGH COUNCIL CONTRA-FLOW CYCLE ROUTES CANDAHAR ROAD, FURMAGE STREET, TEMPERLEY ROAD, TRINITY CRESCENT, TWILLEY STREET
CONTRA-FLOW CYCLE ROUTES CANDAHAR ROAD, FURMAGE STREET, TEMPERLEY ROAD, TRINITY CRESCENT, TWILLEY STREET
- The Wandsworth (Prescribed Routes) (No. 2) Experimental Order 2018
- The Wandsworth (Waiting and Loading Restriction) (Special Parking Areas) (No. 2) Experimental Order 2018
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Wandsworth on 26th March 2018 made the above mentioned Orders under sections 9 and 10 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 as amended by the Local Government Act 1985 and the Traffic Management Act 2004.
2. The general effect of the Prescribed Routes Order will be to allow contra-flow cycling:
(a) in Candahar Road, between Khyber Road and Cabul Road;
(b) in Furmage Street, between Garratt Lane and Twilley Street;
(c) in Temperley Road, between Balham Grove and Ramsden Road;
(d) in Trinity Crescent, between Balham High Road and Trinity Road; and
(e) in Twilley Street, between Furmage Street and Kimber Road.
3. The general effect of the Waiting and Loading Order will be to upgrade the existing single yellow line waiting restrictions to double yellow line 'at any time' waiting restrictions on:
(a) the east side of Candahar Road, outside Nos. 37 and 39
Candahar Road; (b)the west side of Candahar Road, outside No. 10 Candahar
(c) the north-west side of Khyber Road, at its junction with Candahar Road.
4. Copies of the Orders, which will come into operation on 6th April 2018, and of documents and plans giving more detailed particulars of the Orders, can be inspected during normal office hours on Mondays to Fridays inclusive until the end of a period of six weeks from the date on which the Orders were made in The Customer Centre, The Town Hall, Wandsworth High Street, London, SW18 2PU.
5. Copies of the Orders may be obtained from the Department of Environment and Community Services at the address given below quoting Reference W/ECS/TM01674 - telephone (020) 8871 8210.
6. Whilst the Orders remain in force, the Assistant Director -Traffic and Engineering, or some person authorised by him, may modify or suspend the Orders or any provision contained in it if it appears to him or that other person essential in the interests of the expeditious, convenient and safe movement of traffic or of the provision of suitable and adequate parking facilities on the highway or for preserving or improving the amenities of the area through which any road affected by the Orders runs.
7. The Council will consider in due course whether the provisions of the Orders should be reproduced and continued in force indefinitely by means of Orders under sections 6 and 124 o1 the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984. Any person wishing to object to the making of the Orders for the purpose of such reproduction and continuation may, within the above mentioned period of six months, send a statement in writing of their objection and the grounds on which it is made to the Director of Environment and Community Services at the address below (quoting the reference ES/TM01674).
8. Any person desiring to question the validity of the Orders or of any provision contained in them on the grounds that it is not within the relevant powers of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 or that any of the relevant requirements of that Act or of any relevant regulations made under that Act have not been complied with in relation to the Orders may, within six weeks from the date on which the Orders were made, make application for the purpose to the High Court.
Dated 29th March 2018
The Town Hall Paul Martin
Wandsworth Chief Executive