ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS WOLVERTON AVENUE, KINGSTON UPON THAMESNotice ID: MF0263278
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS WOLVERTON AVENUE, KINGSTON UPON THAMES
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for Wolverton Avenue, Kingston Upon Thames, in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT,toenable Thames Water to undertake remedial works in the carriageway, it intends to make an Order of the effect of which will be to:
(a) prohibit any vehicle or person from entering or remaining at rest in Wolverton Avenue, at the junction with Kingston Hill.
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1above:
(a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
(b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission, or at the direction, of aconstable in uniform or to any vehicles or pedestrians in connection with the said works.
(c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on 16 March 2018 and will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are completed. It is anticipated that the works will be completed within three days.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without interference with execution of the said works.
5. Signed diversions will be in place via Kingston Hill, Galsworthy Road, Coombe Road and reverse.
Dated 2nd March 2018.
Traffic Manager, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU.