INTRODUCTION OF PERMIT PARKING AREA -IN AND AROUND DURLSTON ROAD, KINGSTON (REF. KINGMAP0009)Notice ID: MF0262526
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES INTRODUCTION OF PERMIT PARKING AREA -IN AND AROUND DURLSTON ROAD, KINGSTON (REF. KINGMAP0009)
The Kingston upon Thames (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) Order 201* and The Kingston upon Thames (Charged-For Parking Places) Order 2018.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames propose to make the above-mentioned Orders under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9tothe Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be;
(a) to introduce asystem of controlled parking (known as aPermit Parking Area PPA) in Durlston Road, Earle Gardens, Latchmere Road (part of), St. Alban's Road and Studland Road, Kingston. The Order relating to this PPA would provide
- the hours of control (the "permitted hours") in the PPA would be between 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. on Monday to Saturday;
- vehicles which may be left in the PPA during its permitted hours would be those displaying avalid resident's or resident's visitor permit; or avalid business or business visitor permit relating to this PPA;
- resident's permits would be issued by the Council, on application being made together with payment of the appropriate charge, to any person residing in Durlston Road, Earle Gardens, Latchmere Road (even Nos. 2to96and odd Nos. 1to77), Richmond Road (even Nos. 186 to 234), St. Alban's Road and Studland Road, Kingston;
- the charge for each resident's permit would be £90 for 12 months, £57 for 6months or £34 for 3months;
- the charge for resident's visitor permits would be £1.50 each (1 permit per day);
- business permits (maximum 3per business) would be issued by the Council, on application being made together with payment of the appropriate charge, to any business user in Durlston Road, Earle Gardens, Latchmere Road (even Nos. 2 to 96 inclusive and odd Nos. 1to77 inclusive), Richmond Road (even Nos. 186 to 234 inclusive), St. Alban's Road and Studland Road, Kingston;
?the charges for business permits would be as follows; for afirst business permit; £340 for 12 months, £205 for 6months or £115 for 3months; for asecond business permit; £510 for 12 months, £305 for 6months or £170 for 3months; or for athird business permit; £680 for 12 months, £405 for 6months or £225 for 3months;
?the charge for business visitor permits would be £20 for abook of 10 permits;
(b) in St. Alban's Road (opposite St. Alban's Medical Centre), to introduce afree, time-limited parking place (to apply between 8.30 a.m. and 6.30 p.m. on Mondays to Saturdays, maximum stay 1hour, no return within 2hours);
(c) existing waiting restrictions in Durlston Road, Latchmere Road and St. Alban's Road (at their junctions with Richmond Road) would be shortened; and
(d) in 'Canbury Gardens' CPZ (Zone C), to amend the list of addresses from which an application for aresident's or business parking permit (Zone C) may be made so as to include the following; Richmond Road (odd Nos. 179 to 233 inclusive).
3. Acopy of each of the proposed Orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars of the proposed Orders can be inspected at The Information and Advice Centre, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Mondays to Fridays inclusive.
4. Persons desiring to object to any of the proposals or make any other representations in respect of them, should send astatement in writing to that effect and, in the case of an objection, stating the grounds thereof to the Council in this matter to either The Director of Place, Traffic Order Section, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 1EU or email TMO@kingston.gov.uk, quoting reference KingMap0009 by 16th March 2018.
5. Under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985, any letter you write to the Council in response to this Notice may be made available to the press and to the public who would be entitled to take copies of it if they so wished.
Dated 23rd February 2018.
Team Leader ?Parking and Sustainable Transport (Environment)