Transport For LondonNotice ID: SUT0499944
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE A24 GLA SIDE ROAD (VALLEY GARDENS, LONDON BOROUGH OF MERTON)(TEMPORARY PROHIBITIONS OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2018
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it intends to make the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable construction works to take place at 2A Valley Gardens.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from stopping in Valley Gardens between No.2A Valley Gardens and its junction with Collier Wood High Street
The Order will be effective at certain times from 12:01 AM on the 1 st March 2018 until 11:59 PM on the 2nd February 2019 or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibition will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
The Order also closes the footpath outside No. 2A Valley Gardens.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibition is in force an alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs via: any person wishing to travel on the pathway traffic will be diverted cross over to the footpath opposite house 2A Valley Gardens and to the normal route of travel.
Dated this 22nd day of February 2018 Gerard OToole Regulations Manager,
Road Network Performance, Surface Transport
Transport for London.Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ
MAYOR OF LONDON I .