ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMESNotice ID: MF0260345
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
MINOR PARKING AND ONE-WAY WORKING AMENDMENTS - VARIOUS LOCATIONS (REF. KINGMAP0008)
The Kingston upon Thames (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) Order 201*; The Kingston upon Thames (Charged-For Parking Places) Order 201*; and The Kingston upon Thames (Prescribed Routes) (Amendment No. *) Traffic Order 201*.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames propose to make the above-mentioned Orders under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9tothe Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be:
(a) to introduce disabled persons' parking places at the following locations:-
?Rose Walk, Surbiton -atthe side of Nos. 239/241 Surbiton
?Smith Street, Surbiton - adjacent to Longhurst
?South Lane, New Malden - outside No. 30
(Vehicles displaying avalid disabled persons' badge may wait
in the above parking places without charge or time limit).
(b) to remove an existing disabled persons' parking place in Blagdon Road, New Malden (outside No. 34);
(c) in South Lane, New Malden (in the access road at the shopping parade):
(i) to introduce double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions at junctions and at acrossing point; and
(ii) to introduce asystem of one-way working (in ageneral northerly direction);
(d) in Alfred Road, Kingston, to remove an existing 'permit holders only' parking place (outside No. 87) in order to allow access to an off-street parking area;
(e) in Grove Crescent, Kingston (opposite Nos. 15-17), to shorten an existing 'shared use' parking place and remove an existing single yellow line waiting restriction, to be replaced by adouble yellow line "at any time" waiting restriction;
(f) in Ellerton Road, Surbiton (at the island area adjacent to Ditton
(i) to introduce aparking place for the loading &unloading of goods vehicles only, applying between 8a.m. and 6p.m. on Mondays to Fridays, maximum stay 1hour (opposite Watton Point and No. 2Ellerton Road);
(ii) to convert existing single yellow line waiting restrictions either to double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions or to the abovementioned 'goods vehicles only' parking place; and
(iii) to alter or introduce double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions at various locations;
(g) at the junction between Pine Gardens and Raeburn Avenue, Surbiton, to introduce double yellow line "at any time" waiting restrictions; and
(h) to modify the traffic order definitions of certain other parking places and waiting restrictions so they better reflect what is currently on the ground (there would be no change to the way restrictions and parking places currently operate).
3. Acopy of each of the proposed Orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars of the proposed Orders can be inspected at The Information and Advice Centre, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Mondays to Fridays inclusive.
4. Persons desiring to object to any of the proposals or make any other representations in respect of them, should send astatement in writing to that effect and, in the case of an objection, stating the grounds thereof to the Council in this matter to either The Director of Place, Traffic Order Section, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 1EU or email TMO@kingston.gov.uk, quoting reference
KingMap0008 by 2nd March 2018.
5. Under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985, any letter you write to the Council in response to this Notice may be made available to the press and to the public who would be entitled to take copies of it if they so wished.
Dated 9th February 2018. IAN BAKER
Team Leader -Parking and Sustainable Transport (Environment)