ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS QUEEN ELIZABETH ROAD AND LONDON ROAD, KINGSTONNotice ID: MF0257080
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS QUEEN ELIZABETH ROAD AND LONDON ROAD, KINGSTON
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the trafficauthority for above Queen Elizabeth Road and London Road, in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT,tofacilitate gas main maintenance work on behalf of SGN, it intends to make an Order of the effect of which will be to:
(a) To prohibit any vehicle from entering or remaining at rest in Queen Elizabeth Road, between Cromwell Road and Gordon Road.
(b) To allow any vehicle to use the dedicated bus lane on London Road, between Cambridge Road and Albert Road
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1above: -
a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be
indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission, or at the direction, of aconstable in uniform or to any vehicles or pedestrians in connection with the said works.
c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on the 2February 2018 and
will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are
completed. It is anticipated that the works will be completed within
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected roads shall be
maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without
interference with execution of the said works.
5. Local signed diversions will be in place to maintain access to
Queen Elizabeth Road via London Road and Gordon Road.
Traffic Manager, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU 19 January 2018.