ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984Notice ID: SUT0436259
Transport for London
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 THE A3 GLA ROAD (HOOK RISE SOUTH, ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES) (TEMPORARY PROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC AND STOPPING) ORDER 2018
1. Transport for London hereby gives notice that it intends to make the above named Traffic Order under section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 for the purpose specified in paragraph 2. The effect of the Order is summarised in paragraph 3.
2. The purpose of the Order is to enable footway reconstruction works to take place on Hook Rise South.
3. The effect of the Order will be to prohibit any vehicle from:
1. entering Hook Rise South at its junction with the unnamed on-slip road connecting Tolworth Roundabout to Kingston By-Pass;
2. stopping on Hook Rise South between its Junction with Toby Way and the extended common boundary of Nos. 87 and 89 Hook Rise South.
The Order will be effective at certain times from 8.00 AM on the 20th January 2018 until 6:00 PM on the 20th May 2018 or when the works have been completed whichever is the sooner. The prohibitions will apply only during such times and to such extent as shall from time to time be indicated by traffic signs.
4. The prohibitions will not apply in respect of:
(1) any vehicle being used for the purposes of those works or for fire brigade, ambulance or police purposes;
(2) anything done with the permission or at the direction of a police constable in uniform or a person authorised by Transport for London.
5. At such times as the prohibitions are in force an alternative route will be indicated by traffic signs via the unnamed on-slip road connecting Tolworth Roundabout to Kingston By-Pass, Kingston By-Pass, Hook Rise South, Hook Road, Hunters Road, Cox Lane, Oakcroft Road to normal direction of travel.
Dated this 12th day of January 2018 Glynn Barton Director of Network Management, Transport for London, Palestra, 197 Blackfriars Road, London, SE1 8NJ