MINOR PARKING AND ONE-WAY WORKING AMENDMENTS -VARIOUS LOCATIONS (REF. KINGMAP0006)Notice ID: MF0251886
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES MINOR PARKING AND ONE-WAY WORKING AMENDMENTS –VARIOUS LOCATIONS (REF. KINGMAP0006)
The Kingston upon Thames (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) Order 201*, The Kingston upon Thames (Charged-For Parking Places) Order 201*; and The Kingston upon Thames (Prescribed Routes) (Amendment No.*) Traffic Order 201*.
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames propose to make the above-mentioned Orders under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended.
2. The general effect of the Orders would be: (a) due to the introduction of a cycle scheme in and around Acre Road, Kingston; (i) in Cowleaze Road, to remove an existing ‘permit holders only’ parking place (at its junction with Elm Crescent), replaced by a double yellow line “at any time” waiting restriction; (ii) in Elm Crescent, to shorten an existing ‘shared use’ parking place (at its junction with Cowleaze Road), replaced by a double yellow line “at any time” waiting restriction; and (iii) to add an exception for cycles to the system of one-way working in Acre Road and the northern arm of Elm Crescent; (b) in Mayfair Close, Surbiton, to lengthen an existing double yellow line “at any time” waiting restriction (outside Nos. 1 to 5); (c) in Latchmere Road, Kingston, to lengthen an existing double yellow line “at any time” waiting restriction (outside No. 52); (d) to introduce double yellow line “at any time” waiting restrictions at the following junctions (in Kingston); Durlston Road and St. Alban’s Road; Durlston Road and Studland Road; Latchmere Road and Studland Road; St. Alban’s Road and Studland Road (both junctions); and (e) to modify the traffic order definitions of certain other parking places and waiting restrictions so they better reflect what is currently on the ground (there would be no change to the way restrictions and parking places currently operate).
3. A copy of each of the proposed Orders and other documents giving more detailed particulars of the proposed Orders can be inspected at The Information and Advice Centre, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, KT1 1EU between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Mondays to Fridays inclusive.
4. Persons desiring to object to any of the proposals or make any other representations in respect of them, should send a statement in writing to that effect and, in the case of an objection, stating the grounds thereof to the Council in this matter to either The Director of Place, Traffic Order Section, Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames, Surrey KT1 1EU or email TMO@kingston.gov.uk, quoting reference KingMap0006 by 12th January 2018.
5. Under the Local Government (Access to Information) Act 1985, any letter you write to the Council in response to this Notice may be made available to the press and to the public who would be entitled to take copies of it if they so wished.
Dated 15th December 2017.
IAN BAKER Team Leader – Parking and Sustainable Transport (Environment)