LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON WAITING RESTRICTION AND RESIDENT PERMIT AMENDMENTS AND PROVISION OF 20MPH ZONE, PEDESTRIAN CROSSINGS AND SPEED TABLESNotice ID: SUT0404699
London Borough of Sutton Public Notice
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON WAITING RESTRICTION AND RESIDENT PERMIT AMENDMENTS AND PROVISION OF 20MPH ZONE, PEDESTRIAN CROSSINGS AND SPEED TABLES
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton proposes to make the Orders listed below under sections 6, 45, 46, 49, 84 and 124 of, and Part IV of Schedule 9 to, the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, as amended by the Local Government Act 1985, the Road Traffic Act 1991 and the Traffic Management Act 2004.
2. The principal objectives of the Orders are: (1) To introduce a 20mph zone around Cheam Common Infants and Cheam Common Junior Schools to reduce vehicle speeds so as to improve the environment and encourage more people to walk or cycle as part of their journey; (2) To stop obstructive parking and improve the sightlines out of the car park access in Balmoral Road Worcester Park and out of the junction of Balmoral Road and Central Road Worcester Park; (3) To stop obstructive parking in the vicinity of the new wider footway and school access in Kingsmead Avenue near the junction with Balmoral Road Worcester Park; (4) To provide new waiting restrictions which are necessary to prevent obstructive parking and enhance the free flow of traffic; (5) to remove redundant parking restrictions where they are no longer required; and (6) to allow fourth residents permits, where they have already been issued, to be renewed.
3. The general effect of The Sutton (20 MPH Zone) (No. *) Order 201* would be to impose a 20 miles per hour speed limit on motor vehicles in the roads and lengths of road specified in the Schedule to this Notice.
4. The general effect of The Sutton (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. *) Order 201; and The Sutton (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. *) Order 201* would be:-
(a) to extend existing or introduce new lengths of 'at any time' (double yellow line) waiting restrictions in:
(i) Balmoral Road, (1) the north-west side, outside and approximately 20 metres north-east of No. 7 Balmoral Road; (2) both sides, at its junction with Central Road(12.14 metres on the northwest side and 16.8 metres on the southeast side);
(ii) Central Road, the south-west and south side, for 23.7 metres north-west and 35.4 metres east of Balmoral Road;
(iii) Denmark Road, on the south-east side, for approximately 21.5 metres opposite and north-east of Langcroft Close (this change is in connection with the relocation south-westwards of school keep clear markings and the provision of a pedestrian crossing referred to in subparagraph 6(b) of this Notice); and
(iv) Kingsmead Avenue, both sides, between Balmoral Road and No. 119 Kingsmead Avenue;
(b) to remove 20 metres of 'at any time' (double yellow line) waiting restrictions on the south-west side of Fairlawn Road, opposite Sunnymede Avenue; and
(c) to provide that, where four residents' permits are currently to a household that fourth permit can be renewed annually.
5. NOTICE IS ALSO HEREBY GIVEN that the Council proposes, under section 90A and 90C of the Highways Act 1980, to construct the type of road humps known as a "speed tables" across the full width of the carriageway:
(a) in Balmoral Road, with the centre line approximately 24 metres north-east of the north-eastern kerb-line of Kingsmead Avenue, with a length of approximately 6.8 metres including the gradients;
(b) in Denmark Road, with the centre line approximately 20 metres south-west of the north-eastern kerb-line of Langcroft Close, with a length of approximately 8 metres including the gradients;
The Speed Tables would each be an elevated section of carriageway with a flat top, between 75 and 100 millimetres higher at its highest point than the surrounding carriageway. The gradients would each have a gradient of between 1: 15 and 1:20.
6. NOTICE IS ALSO HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton proposes under section 23 of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 to:
(a) provide a zebra pedestrian crossing in Balmoral Road on the raised table referred to in sub-paragraph 5(a) of this Notice. Associated zig-zag markings, on which vehicles would be prohibited from stopping at all times, would be placed on the carriageway either side of the crossing (extending approximately 21 metres either side of the crossing); and
(b) provide a zebra pedestrian crossing in Denmark Road on the raised table referred to in sub-paragraph 5(b) of this Notice. Associated zig-zag markings, on which vehicles would be prohibited from stopping at all times, would be placed on the carriageway either side of the crossing (extending approximately 11 metres either side of the crossing).
7. Copies of the proposed Orders, of the Council's Statement of Reasons for proposing to make the Orders (and of the Orders that would be amended by the proposed Orders) and plans showing the locations and the effects of the proposals, including the pedestrian crossings and speed tables, may be inspected at the Environment and Regeneration Offices at 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton between 9am - 5pm Monday to Friday.
8. If you would like to make comments on the proposals you can do so by filling in an on-line consultation response form which can be found on our web pages www.sutton.gov.uk/ trafficpublicnotices under "view our Permanent Traffic Order Consultations" selecting "Notices of Proposals" and then "SL-SuttMap1050".
Alternatively please send them to Technical Operations Team, Highways and Transport, Kingston and Sutton Shared Environment Service, London Borough of Sutton, 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton, Surrey, SM5 2JG by 4th January 2018 please quote the following reference SL-SuttMap1050.
Note: Persons responding to the proposed Orders, pedestrian crossings or speed tables should be aware that the Council may be legally obliged to disclose the information provided to third parties. SCHEDULE
Balmoral Road, Braemar Road; Dalmeny Road; Donnington Road; Hampton Road; Hobart Road; Kingsmead Avenue, between Balmoral Road and Dalmeny Road; Knolls Close; Moreton Road; Sandringham Road; Stoneleigh Avenue from Sandringham Road for 36 metres; and Windsor Road. LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1) CLARENDON ROAD, WALLINGTON
1. The Council of the London Borough of Sutton hereby gives notice that in order to facilitate replacement of a gas main and because works are being executed near the road it intends to make an Order the effect of which is summarised in paragraph 3 below.
2. The Order will come into effect on Tuesday 2 January 2018 with works expected to take 8 days to complete. However, the Order will remain in force for 3 months to be re-introduced should further works be required.
3. Whilst the works are taking place and the appropriate traffic signs are displayed the Order will temporarily close Clarendon Road between its junctions with Rosswood Gardens and Elgin Road.
4. An alternative route for vehicular traffic will be via Clarendon Road, Ross Road, St Michael's Road, Elgin Road and vice versa.
5. The prohibitions specified above apply only during such times and to such extent as indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2016.
Dated: 7 December 2017
LONDON BOROUGH OF SUTTON DISABLED PARKING PLACE, BUS PARKING PLACE AND WAITING RESTRICTION AMENDMENTS
1. NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the Council of the London Borough of Sutton on 04 December 2017 made the following Orders under sections 6, 45, 46, 49 and 124 of and Part IV of Schedule 9 to the Road Traffic Regulation Act 19841, as
(a) The Sutton (Charged-For Parking Places) (Amendment No. 1) Order 2017; and
(b) The Sutton (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) (Amendment No. 1) Order 2017.
2. The general effect of the Orders will be:-
(a) to provide new disabled person's parking places in which only vehicles displaying a disabled person's badge may park at any time, at the following locations:-
(i) outside No. 25 Beddington Grove Wallington;
(ii) outside Nos. 25 & 27 Beechmore Gardens, Sutton; and
(b) to revoke existing disabled persons parking places at the following locations:-
(i) outside No. 9 Beechmore Gardens, Sutton;
(ii) outside No. 5 Tavistock Walk, Carshalton;
(c) to provide a free bus parking place in Kimpton Park Way for buses to park for up to 1 hour, with no return within 15 minutes, which would operate between the hours of 7.30 a.m. and 4.30 p.m. on Monday to Friday;
(d) to extend existing or introduce new lengths of 'at any time' (double yellow line) waiting restrictions in certain lengths of:-
(i) Beeches Avenue, Stanley Park Road, Staplehurst Road and Woodmansterne Road, on all arms of the crossroad junction;
(ii) Ranfurly Road, adjacent to No. 9 St John's Road;
(iii) Hannibal Way, at its junction with Stafford Road;
(iv) Horatius Way;
(v) Rosedale Road, adjacent to No. 1 Richlands Avenue;
(vi) Diamond Jubilee Way, on all sides of the roundabout at its junction with and including Damson Way;
(vii) Diamond Jubilee Way, opposite and adjacent to Forelle Way;
(viii) Revesby Road, on its west side adjacent to Green Wrythe Primary School extending existing restrictions from its junction with Green Wrythe Lane;
(ix) Kimpton Park Way;
(x) Wealdstone Road; (xi)Minden Road; and (xii) Kimpton Road;
(e) to introduce new lengths of single yellow line waiting restrictions which would operate between 8 a.m. and 6.30 p.m. on Monday to Saturday in certain lengths of:-
(i) Robertsbridge Road, between the existing double yellow lines at its junctions with Lindores Road and Wrythe Lane; and
(ii) Kimpton Park Way; and
(f) to more accurately represent an existing layout of 'at any time' waiting restrictions in Blandford Close.
Please note: these changes will be made by amendment of the Sutton (Charged-For Parking Places) Order 2017 and the Sutton (Free Parking Places, Loading Places and Waiting, Loading and Stopping Restrictions) Order 2017 - in variance to and which have wholly superseded the provisions of the Orders cited for amendment in the public notice in which these measures were proposed, dated 07 September 20172.
3. Copies of the Orders, which will come into force on 11 December 2017, and of the Orders that will be revoked or amended by these Orders, the Council's Statement of Reasons for making the Orders and plans showing the locations and the effects of the Orders may be inspected at the Council's Civic Offices at St. Nicholas Way, Sutton and at the Environment, Housing and Regeneration Offices at 24 Denmark Road, Carshalton between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. on Monday to Friday.
4. If any person wishes to question the validity of these Orders or of any of their provisions on the grounds that they are not within the powers conferred by the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984, or that any requirement of the said Act of 1984 or of any instrument made under the said Act of 1984 has not been complied with, that person may, within 6 weeks from the date on which the Orders were made, apply for the purpose to the High Court
Dated: 07 December 2017 ^
Assistant Director of Environment, Housing & Regeneration ( Safer& Stronger Communities).