ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 – SECTION 14Notice ID: MF0250397
ROYAL BOROUGH OF KINGSTON UPON THAMES
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT, 1984 - SECTION 14 AS AMENDED BY THE ROAD TRAFFIC (TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS) ACT 1991 TEMPORARY RESTRICTIONS DURING WORKS COWLEAZE ROAD, KINGSTON
1. The Council of the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames, being the traffic authority for Cowleaze Road, Kingston in the said borough, in exercise of the powers conferred by Section 14(1) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (as amended) HEREBY GIVES NOTICE THAT,tofacilitate acrane operation by City Lifting Ltd, it intends to make an Order of the effect of which will be to:
a) Prohibit vehicular traffic from entering, proceeding or remaining at rest in Cowleaze Road, from Cowleaze House (39/45 Cowleaze Road) to the junction with Acre Road
2. The prohibitions specified in paragraph 1above: -
a) shall only apply at such times and to such extent as shall be indicated by traffic signs prescribed by the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002.
b) shall not apply to anything done with the permission, or at the direction, of aconstable in uniform or to any vehicles or pedestrians in connection with the said works.
c) shall not apply to emergency service vehicles.
3. The Order will come into operation on 18 December 2017 and will remain in force for eighteen months or until the works are completed. It is anticipated that the works will take three days.
4. Access to premises on or adjacent to the affected road shall be maintained insofar as this is reasonably practicable without interference with execution of the said works.
5. The bollards at the junction with Acre Road will be removed to allow access to properties.
Mervyn Bartlett, Traffic Manager,
Guildhall 2, Kingston upon Thames KT1 1EU.
01 December 2017.